AVIC411.com

Bluetooth, Android, and AVIC-Z120BT Connect Problem

I have a T-Mobile MyTouch4G running Android V2.2 that I am trying to connect to the AVIC-Z120BT. From the head unit I run through registration sequence then enter 4-digit pass code on phone. Phone connects then asks if I want to allow head unit to import (read) phonebook entries. I enter "yes" or "ok". The phone connects for a few seconds, then immediately disconnnects with the message, "Disconnecting from headset". Why doesn't it stay connected? Any help is greatly appreciated. Of course, Pioneer says there is no problem with head unit and T-Mobile says phone works fine. Stinks!

I found out the phone's bluetooth is defective so T-mobile is sending a new one. We tested another MyTouch 4g and it connected flawlessly. A G2 worked as well. Thanks for your responses. I appreciate it.

I have the exact same issue with the same phone. I also had an HTC Desire with the same issue. I thought it was a problem with HTC phones Bluetooth connection with this unit?? I called T-Mobile and they never gave me the option of returning the phone. Extremely annoying to have this type of head unit and not be able to have it work through the bluetooth connection??

I have the exact same issue with the same phone. I also had an HTC Desire with the same issue. I thought it was a problem with HTC phones Bluetooth connection with this unit?? I called T-Mobile and they never gave me the option of returning the phone. Extremely annoying to have this type of head unit and not be able to have it work through the bluetooth connection??

Have you tried playing audio (mp3s or streamng) over BT after pairing? The reason I ask is I see the "disconnecting headset" message on the AVIC after pairing my HTC HD2 (running Android 2.2). But when I switch the AVIC to BT audio source, it connects and re-directs whatever is playing on the phone to the HU. It takes a few seconds to negotiate. So, I thing the disconnection headset message might be becasue the audio source is not BT.

My phone also works fine for incoming and outgoing calls over BT. BTW, my phone is running the OS off a Desire HD.

VBlue42, it does not upload the phone book. It never prompted for that. I received a replacement phone from T-Mobile and it connects via BT, but when I make a call, it dials the number then immediately disconnects. it does this consistently. I am going back to T-Mobile.

i am also having this kind of trouble for my rooted htc evo. neither audio nor headset work. headset worked once where i could only dial but hasn't work ever since. is it my phone or is it the radio. It doesn make since to have this radio if it does not have bt like it says it its name.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Im running Android 2.2 non-rooted on an HTC EVO. It connects with the Z120BT and transferred my phone book over without major problems. Only problem was connecting took trial and error about 4 or 5 times. And transferred my ENTIRE phone book which I didn't exactly want. But anyways, how do I play music via bluetooth using the phone? I pressed "connect" on the head unit and it says use your mobile device etc. So I went to the Music App and played music but it wouldn't connect. I tried to send the mp3 over via bluetooth and a got a failed message on my phone saying Pioneer NAVI didn't accept. Lol. If anyone could help, i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

c12ack

On the EVO. This is how I did it. Settings > Wireless and Networks > Bluetooth Settings

You should see "Bluetooth Devices" and under that it should say "PIONEER NAVI" or something of that nature assuming your devices are already paired.

Long hold "PIONEER NAVI" and another menu comes up.

There should be an "OPTIONS" button.

Both "PHONE" and "MEDIA" should be checked.

If they aren't both checked. Check "MEDIA" first. Try to see if it will play via bluetooth using the stock Music Player app, Pandora or Double Twist. The stock music app, Pandora or Double Twist will play and you will have the ability to using steering wheel controls to some degree. However, you will not see the name of the song, artist, album art, etc on the headunit.

On the Headunit, under "Bluetooth Settings" through a series of menus find the device you want to connect (if more than one phone) under "Select Profile" there should be an option to choose "Handsfree and Audio"

During the processes of connecting either audio or handfree as one person mentioned, make sure your phone is "Discoverable" or "Visible".

Hope this helps.

c12ack

• 2 months later...

Yes THANK u, ive been looking for this thread for QUITE a while now, I have:

Android EVO 4g with Sprint

& Avic-z110bt upgraded to z120bt w/ BT firmware 2.11

I have this same exact issue, and "c12rack's" response on 12 feb 2011 did help some, and took me a couple steps forward with my issue, i still have no media connection streaming Youtube vids and playing music ALTHOUGH it says on the phone that I am connected by Media & Phone Audio. On the Avic i go to Source>BT and it says its disconnected but then on Settings>BT i have the EVO connected by what appears to be both as well. Ive tried disconnecting, unpairing, rebooting phone, changing PW, changing device name, erasing all registered devices on avic and still no luck. Take note that it use to work perfectly before the firmware update, but dont quote me on that because it could be a phone update that took place for my phone as well. Is BT firmware 2.11 the latest?? if not please redirect me, and if thats not the case please assist, or at least AGREE with me ANDROID USERS!!!! LOL