AVIC411.com

Bluetooth, Android, and AVIC-Z120BT Connect Problem

I have a Sprint Epic (Samsung Galaxy S) and BT support is spotty as hell. I also have a Blueant Q2 that does audio streaming and it works flawlessly. My conclusion is that Bluetooth support in the Avic is every bit as half-assed as every other feature in this half-assed head unit.

To connect I have to pair and register, then connect to the audio gateway - sometimes manually. After a phone call, the phone portion will be dropped and can't reconnect until I reboot the phone.

I'm sad as hell that there isn't much of a hacking scene with this head unit because the hardware appears to be decent but it doesn't do a single thing half as well as my phone which was a third the price. I'm so glad that this came with the truck I bought because if I'd used my own money I would have set this thing on fire and thrown it through a window at Pioneer's headquarters.

VERY big android modder here....

On some of the phones pay VERY close attention to your status bar as you connect, sometimes you'll get the Triangle with an "!" mark in the middle.. QUICKLY slide your status bar down and click that then click "Allow" Some of the firmwares for Sprint, TMO and Verizon wont allow the connection due to security issues (people can steal the info via bluetooth if they connect to you, automatically and send the req code).

Was testing this theory in the local bestbuy with 3 different phones on the 930bt, 3300bt and 130bt

Stock phones I had to do it, but on my modded droidx it went without a hitch

VERY big android modder here....

On some of the phones pay VERY close attention to your status bar as you connect, sometimes you'll get the Triangle with an "!" mark in the middle.. QUICKLY slide your status bar down and click that then click "Allow" Some of the firmwares for Sprint, TMO and Verizon wont allow the connection due to security issues (people can steal the info via bluetooth if they connect to you, automatically and send the req code).

EVO 4G here. I haven't noticed a status bar in the BT settings menu. Is there one on this phone somewhere else? I can't get my contacts transferred to my Z130.

I just tried to transfer 1 contact from the phone and I do notice, in my notifications window, the triangle with the "!" in the middle. The explanation the phone gives is that the target device, Z130, does not allow this type of action.

EVO 4G here. I haven't noticed a status bar in the BT settings menu. Is there one on this phone somewhere else? I can't get my contacts transferred to my Z130.

I just tried to transfer 1 contact from the phone and I do notice, in my notifications window, the triangle with the "!" in the middle. The explanation the phone gives is that the target device, Z130, does not allow this type of action.

I have a EVO 4G and i had some weird BT connection issues as well. However it was only after upgrading to Sprint's Version of Gingerbread. I here are the problems I had and what i had to do to fix them.

1) Phone would connect but couldn't transfer Contact or sync PhoneBook. After pairing my EVO would pop up a message asking that the "Pioneer unit is asking to sync phonebook" I would click 'Always Allow' and nothing would happen. To fix this I had to delete the bluetooth pairing on the Z120. To do this i had to "reset to factory defaults. I also deleted the pairing on my phone. Then I paired them back up and my contacts would sync.

2) When I would go to bluetooth Audio to stream it would play through the pioneer unit for a few seconds then drop connection.

To fix this i went into the Blue tooth settings on the unit and choose the connections option, I think it's the first one with the phone name. After it gave me a message about disconnecting the phone you'll see the list of the different ways it will connect I choose the first one that's handsfree and Audio ( can't remember the names on the list). After that it reconnected and i was able to stream audio w/o it loosing connection every couple seconds and My contacts still worked.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Samsung Fascinate on VZW w/ 2.2.2 (Froyo)

When it was updated to Froyo, I had issues w/ the VOBT as it stopped working and would only sync for audio and not the phone.

This was a known issue.

I tried resetting, re-pairing etc.. nothing until,

There was a recent patch (ED05) that fixed that and VOBT works 100% now. Including Phonebook syncs.

Check for patches and updates, look for other users on android forums having the same issues but most of all, speak up!