AVIC411.com

Ipod reboots the f700bt

i just got a ipod touch and hooked it up to my f700bt. all is good for about 50 miles then went to change a play list and the avic reboots it self and will no longer recognize my ipod. will just keep rebooting. after i disconnect the ipod all goes back to normal. as far as radio sd card etc. try to hook up ipod again and goes to reboot. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Craig

I am new to this type of system and would like to do some of the mods i am reading about. 1) how do i make a back up of what i have in my system first (in case oh oh) or is anyone in the phoenix, arizona area that might want to possibly help me out on the different kinds of mods to do on these.

EDIT: once i sync my ipod touch to the computer and then back to the deck it works but after a while sometimes 15 min other times 2 hours it will stop working. and yes it is the right cable for the f700bt.

• 2 weeks later...

My iPod started doing this as well yesterday, but I have the F900BT. It was working great and then loaded a song and whamm-o. I have re-synced and such, but when the iPod is hooked up, the unit does an infinate reboot. When un-hooked, the unit works great until you re-hook up the iPod.

I have not done any modifications to this unit in over a year, so its nothing that was changed recently on the unit.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

this happened to me last year and ur right resyncing back to ur comp helps. but everytime u disconnect ur ipod/phone i find that if u reset it before reconnecting it to the cable it works just fine.. i dont have any problems with it like that.. and well the only time i disconnect my ipod is when i add new songs to it or when i play with it.

• 6 months later...