AVIC411.com

semi-wiring related

I am having trouble installing an f700bt in a 96 jimmy

It fits, sticks out a little bit, but I would like to have it flush with the dash and look cleaner.

I tried breaking away some of the plastic behind the head unit, but there seems to be a loom of wires or a hose for the air system.

anyone have tips on this at all?

It's in my car right now, punched between the little pocket thing and the top of the head unit bay, and doesn't stick out enough to hit the shifter.

I will posts some pics tomorrow when I take it out to do the parking brake trick

Also, the reason it is more related is because the wires are very cramped and I'm afraid they are being bent in the wrong way with the limited space.

oh, found some pics from the other day

I have cut a lot of the plastic away from the bottom and back though, which I will post tomorrow.

dscn7329.jpg

dscn7330a.jpg

dscn7332y.jpg

dscn7365d.jpg

dscn7369.jpg

• 7 months later...

ahh good ole shallow Chevy dashes of the 90s....

You'll need to cut that plastic out in order to make it work, i suggest a dremel, or a small hacksaw blade.

be VERY careful with those wires/hoses. The hoses you see are the vacuum hoses for you a/c controls..

The wiring is the leads ofr the various controls such as passenger door window/power locks, footwell lighting, and more, so you'll need to be VERY careful there too.

in the jimmys and burbs you'll probably not get it 100% flush