AVIC411.com

AVIC-F700BT Just black screen - No boot screen

I've looked and I haven't seen anyone else with this issue. Everyone else seems to get the boot screen and then it dies. I don't get any screen at all.. I turn the car on.. I hear it boot up and the button lights turn on but nothing else. It's just a black screen.

Do you guys think this is a hardware issue or do you think a restore would work?

I've tried holding onto menu + map + eject + reset when the device boots but I don't get anything.. I've tried putting it into test mode.. it doesn't boot up with any screens.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

so I've reflashed the using the Win ce file many times, with the last being 2.0, but I keep getting the same black screen followed by the lights going out system, still stay running but nothing I put on the sd card will load. I have tried firmware updates, test mode file, but still get the same results I started with. Lights come on, no splash screen, then the lights go on, fan stays running.

I can enter service mode, but that's it.

Can anyone help me out, TIA :)