AVIC411.com

F500BT upgrades? (US model)

Just got this cool unit and did the official firmware BT updates from Pioneer. New w/ this unit but am thrilled that I got the testmode booted to a WinCE screen.

1) will this unit allow keyboard or mouse control via the micro USB? just touch?

2) do the 3.0 or 3.1 updates work on the 500 and offer, say the all-in-one mods posted here by one of you generous geniuses? most troublefree version and thread to effect it?

3) map upgrades; any traps there for UC only?

Be kind. I have read a lot of posts and have trouble keeping it all straight when folks don't post any detail like which unit or firmware, etc. they run. thanks.

I got my F500BT 3 weeks ago and it comes with 2.06 which is very stable. AFAIK:

1) USB keyboard will work but very few discussions on this.

2) From my research on the 3.0, it's a Europe release only and no US 3.0 for F500 (latest is 2.06). Some people try the 3.0/3.1 and most have small issues. I stick with 2.06 and use the new iGo in 3.0 with 2010Q4 US maps

3) You can find speedcam file from other place, I got one from other iGo related site.

I also tried the OS mod but I cannot got the F500 to recognize the new WINCE image and the flash function always stuck at 100% reading (no writing).

I upgraded all three of my units with following instructions and it worked perfectly for me.

You need only a single SD card, at least 2GB in size. Copy the entire contents of the RAR file except for the WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS to the root of SD card. For the two WINCE*.* files, I had to use the one I download from this link. http://www.rapidshare.ru/1206567

The one that came with the FX3.1 would not allow me to boot after I flash WinCE>

You will need to go to the folder APL2\iGo\ and delete the current sys.txt and rename sys_749UC.txt to sys.txt.

You can delete the other sys_*****.txt files and any maps that you may not use. You may need to do this because the F500BT may not the capacity for all the new maps.

1. Insert SD card (minimum 2GB) with testmode into AVIC and turn it on.

2. Backup My Flash Disk by copying

3. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the power and reset buttons at the same time until the blue service screen comes up then release power and reset buttons. (you should see Press reset again to reset but don't press reset yet)

4. Press in this order MAP, MAP, MENU, ENTER (down on joystick), MENU then ENTER. (each button press will show an asterisk at the bottom center of the screen). If the correct combination is pressed, then a menu with options pops up.

5. Select Wince Upgrade with Format (SD)

6. At the bottom center will first display the status of reading in the file. It then will clear the message and will show the status of writing the file. Then it will do a quick test. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in (remember to reset you have to press and hold both power and reset buttons.)

7. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

8. On the desktop should be an icon to RESTART the unit. Double click on that to restart, make sure you take out the SD card so normal boot process happens.

8. Select your language and voice options.

9. Enjoy FX3.1 :)

Make sure to upgrade your unit using free update from Pioneer first, then follow as these steps are.

There is minor update on following steps.

3. Press and hold the power and reset buttons at the same time until the blue service screen comes up (No need for waiting pioneer logo) then release power and reset buttons. (you should see Press reset again to reset but don't press reset yet)

5. Select Wince Upgrade with Format (SD) (Press and hold reset to enter selection, press reset quickly to toggle through options.

Also upgraded with 2010 maps and tried all mods from completed mods/themes forum and worked flawlessly.

I upgraded all three of my units with following instructions and it worked perfectly for me.

Make sure to upgrade your unit using free update from Pioneer first, then follow as these steps are.

There is minor update on following steps.

3. Press and hold the power and reset buttons at the same time until the blue service screen comes up (No need for waiting pioneer logo) then release power and reset buttons. (you should see Press reset again to reset but don't press reset yet)

5. Select Wince Upgrade with Format (SD) (Press and hold reset to enter selection, press reset quickly to toggle through options.

Also upgraded with 2010 maps and tried all mods from completed mods/themes forum and worked flawlessly.

I tried it, but I mass up with sys.file. It is gone.

How did you get back when the fx3.1 would not allow you to boot after you flash WinCE?

Yes, I got the testmode.

I just copied the files into the My Flash disk folder when it just showed me testmode(window).

After dinner, I came back.

I totally forgot about "sys.txt" part.

Unfortunately, I realized your direction after I power off it

, and then I can not get into the testmode(window) anymore.

Let's go one by one.

(1)So you upgraded to 2.06 free pioneer update.

(2) Upgraded Win CE

(3) Went into testmode and copied files from 3.1 upgrade but forgot to change sys.txt?

What happens now.

(1) You put sd card with testmode 2.3 into avic

(2) try to start unit

(3) what happens here?? --> Do you see avic boot into any logo or won't turn on at all?

Or it boots but won't go into testmode

First part (1)(2)(3) yes,I did.

I could get into testmode just one time. After that, I couldn't get into it.

Second part

(1) Yes, I put sd card with testmode.

(2) (3) Yes, I can turn on it, and I could see the logo, and then it turns black screen until MBR fomat in service mode because of another mistakeî

I can't get into testmode.

Now, I can turn it on and see only black screen.

Did it work?

It doesn't work for me because the mode requires 3.0 firmware, but I can get into testmode now after I downgrade wince.

When I upgraded wince, I couldn't get into it again, so I downgrade wince again.

I copied my original files into my flash disk, and then I turned on the power.

I can see black screen and go into main screen when I press the menu button.

However, the buttons don't work at all. :?:

It doesn't work for me because the mode requires 3.0 firmware, but I can get into testmode now after I downgrade wince.

When I upgraded wince, I couldn't get into it again, so I downgrade wince again.

I copied my original files into my flash disk, and then I turned on the power.

I can see black screen and go into main screen when I press the menu button.

However, the buttons don't work at all. :?:

Thank you for your help!

It finally works again with my original back up files!

"My F500bt back :razz: "

I followed two resources Reboot fix

and MBR format recover.

I will try fx3.1 again tonight. :rolleyes: