Questions on D2 unit (iPod & Amp control)
Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:58 AM
1) There's an iPod dock in the center console ( Photo here) but it's for a nano and I have a touch. The slot in the cradle is too short to fit the touch into. Can't see buying a nano just for this and syncing music to two iPods, y'know? Is anyone aware of a compatable dock I could replace the existing dock with or at least some kind of adapter? As a side note does anyone know if the D2 will have the same functionality with an iPod touch as a nano? This isn't the latest iPod touch, it's the previous generation.
2) The amplifiers are always on (and noisy) when the head unit is off. Does the D2 have an output signal that can control some sort of relay setup to shut the amps down when the head unit is off?
3) For some reason the installers didn't connect the little 8th inch aux audio jack (maybe figuring the iPod dock was enough?). Is there any reason the direct audio signal from the aux jack couldn't be connected with the iPod dock installed?
Thanks for any answers in advance.
Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:07 AM
2. Clearly the install was not done correctly as the amps should power off with the unit. It appears the amps are triggered from the 12 volt switch wire from the unit but should be triggered from the amp turn on wire. A proper install will solve the problem.
3. As far as I know there is no 1.8" aux input on the D2. The AV1 or AV2 inputs should be RCA connections on the back of the unit. The iPod adapter is a different IP-BUS connection and has no relation to the AV inputs.
2010 SCION TC, iPhone 5, SPH-DA100 APPRADIO 2, APPRADIO EXTENSIONS, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 3SIXTY.2 PROCESSOR, POLK DXI 6500 COMPONENTS IN FRONT, JL AUDIO SEALED POWER WEDGE 12" SUB, SMITH & WESSON.
Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:29 PM
2) I agree with VBLUE42. If the turn on for the amps are wired to the turn on output of the headunit, the amps will shut down with the headunit.
3) No reason you can't have both. The factory Aux Input can be wired up to one of the AV inputs on the unit as VBLUE42 said.
Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:44 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users