AVIC411.com

Vegas here we come!

We need to be clear here. There are TWO different traffic sources; The on-map ClearChannel and Text To Speech Aha. The Aha will work on any of the older units once the software update is released. The ClearChannel is ONLY on the new Z130 and X930.

Gotcha...integrated ClearChannel traffic solution is ONLY on new units. Thanks! Not clear if that means BOTH the new Z AND the new X will have it, or just the new Z. The website they're starting to load makes it look like only the new Z has the integrated traffic tuner, but I'm sure you'll verify this.

Also, when you play with the new units, be sure to test the extent to which each different type of replacement traffic solution (integrated ClearChannel on the new Z vs. the TTS Aha) integrates with the navigation, yes? e.g, speed bubbles on route? colored traffic speed lines next to roads on screen? re-routing? traffic event browsing? Etc...

We'll have more instructions for you later! They'll come in the form of a self-destructing DVD LOL

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha...integrated ClearChannel traffic solution is ONLY on new units. Thanks! Not clear if that means BOTH the new Z AND the new X will have it, or just the new Z. The website they're starting to load makes it look like only the new Z has the integrated traffic tuner, but I'm sure you'll verify this.

Correct, it's built in on the Z130 and an optional add-on for the X930.

In LA times article in post 14, it shows an accessory to hook up your iphone. Is this accessory necessary for the Aha radio app to work? Couldn't this be done via bluetooth? Can you also ask about integrating android phones in the future? In Aha radio's blog, it states they are developing an app for android. And it'd be silly to leave android phones out being that both apple and android are neck and neck at 25% market share of all smartphones.

That iPhone accessory thing "Smart Cradle" is a stand alone product, not related to the AVIC.

All the aha stuff is done over the dock connector just like pandora.

Does this mean an existing X920 or Z120 user who wants to use Aha (when it comes to those units as a firmware update) will need an iPhone and/or a cradle and/or the existing iPod Pioneer cable?

Also, what about the iPod Touch?

For us Canadians, this seems like such a bust. We can't use Pandora and so far looks like aha is not available in Canada. (Can someone find out if it will be?)

Also seems like Pioneer is focusing heavily on media and integrations with phones that they didnt put much effort into putting a higher volt output, 5.1 (yes 5.1 is important for those who have cars that are 5.1 and 7.1)

I hope put the option to be able to scroll through a song during play. If they do this then Im sold. :)

I've been playing with Aha on my phone this afternoon and some of the features are cool, but I don't think the traffic feature will be as helpful as a true 'traffic' overlay feature on the map that will re-route you to avoid heavy traffic. I'm interested to play with it in rush hour traffic tonight and tomorrow morning.

A note to Pioneer: "Since the new Z130 has a built-in traffic tuner, please offer a 2011 map update (with updated software for traffic overlay), and make a plug-in version of the traffic tuner, for Z110 and Z120 owners."

I have a Z110 and would gladly pay for a traffic tuner, 2011 maps, and updated nav software.

A note to Pioneer: "Since the new Z130 has a built-in traffic tuner, please offer a 2011 map update (with updated software for traffic overlay), and make a plug-in version of the traffic tuner, for Z110 and Z120 owners."

I have a Z110 and would gladly pay for a traffic tuner, 2011 maps, and updated nav software.

I agree, a plug-in adapter for the new Clear Channel Radio’s Total Traffic Network (TTN) would be great news for Z110/120 X920 owners. The AHA setup requires you to have an iPhone with a data plan which some don't have. Matter of fact, I wonder what that adapter (RDS-TMC traffic tuner) looks like for the X930.

More info about this service here

JasonH,

Thanks for the up to the minute info from Pioneer.

My only question is since the MSN Direct devices are obsolete for Z110/Z120 series, when does Pioneer plan on giving us a replacement add-on? They had the perfect opportunity to sell is a ND-TMC10 device, and another $200 map upgrade.. Instead they are making our six month old devices obsolete?

Can you also ask about integrating android phones in the future? In Aha radio's blog, it states they are developing an app for android.

Once again to Android and other phone owners, lack of support on aftermarket units is not because of the unit but because of the phones OS. All of these cool features that can be used with iOS devices is because Apple built the proper remote control protocol into the dock connector to be able to do the things we can do now. These other phone clowns have not implemented any type of control into the USB ports of their phones so until they do, its not gonna happen. If you want the features of an iPhone you need to get an iPhone. There is a reason the iPhone is the most popular device ever made and you cant get that with a wannabe.

Ok if the 930 is going to use an add on then there is no reason why 110/120/920s cant use the same adapter for traffic. Any info about this Jason?

Ok I've done some reading about the ND-TMC10 traffic tuner that will be optional for the 930 and it is stated several times that this tuner will be "included" with the Z130. So if this is not a typo, it indicates that it is still an external add on but is included with the unit. If this is the case then this should be the 110/120/920 owners traffic solution once you upgrade to the 130/930 software. Jason, is there anyway you can confirm this with anyone from Pioneer?

Ok I've done some reading about the ND-TMC10 traffic tuner that will be optional for the 930 and it is stated several times that this tuner will be "included" with the Z130. So if this is not a typo, it indicates that it is still an external add on but is included with the unit. If this is the case then this should be the 110/120/920 owners traffic solution once you upgrade to the 130/930 software. Jason, is there anyway you can confirm this with anyone from Pioneer?

That will be awesome as long as they haven't changed the hardware to have a port not available on the 110BT & 120BT.