AVIC411.com

Vegas here we come!

Ok I've done some reading about the ND-TMC10 traffic tuner that will be optional for the 930 and it is stated several times that this tuner will be "included" with the Z130. So if this is not a typo, it indicates that it is still an external add on but is included with the unit. If this is the case then this should be the 110/120/920 owners traffic solution once you upgrade to the 130/930 software. Jason, is there anyway you can confirm this with anyone from Pioneer?

The traffic tuner is the same external box (ND-TMC10) for both units, it's just included when you buy a Z130.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well like you said vblue, the naming scheme does suggest the same port will be used in the back. Since there are no hardware changes AGAIN for the third year in a row, I guess they are going to use the existing port that transmits the same type of data to an existing port that will no longer work since the msn direct tuner has less then one year left to live... I own it and personally think it sucks and is a waste of money. Hopefully we -can- get the 130 update along with this new traffic tuner to replace the Beta-like tuner that never really works all that great.

Also...

On pioneer's page it says " Built-In Traffic Tuner " for the AVIC-Z130BT... rather then "included traffic tuner"..... hopefully we can still use the add on component that comes out for the X930...

Its not built in on the 130. It is add on. And it has already been confirmed we will see a 130 upgrade for 110/120/920 units.

i'm glad about the 130 upgrade.. pioneer page:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-Z130BT

copy and paste from their page:

• Listen to Your Pandora Internet Radio Stations using an iPhone® with Pandora App

• Built-In Traffic Tuner

• Built-In HD Radio™ Tuner

There are some hardware changes in the 2011 units and the HD is one of them. The traffic tuner is not however.

Well that's good news for us 110/120 users. I really hope we get to use the new tuner. Just played with the Aha Radio app on my iphone 4 and IMO it SUCKS. I don't feel like listening to some bullshit computer voice mis-pronounce every other word for facebook status updates that gets posted OR the traffic updates which are virtually useless. Anyone else try this App and actually LIKE it???

Ok folks new info on the traffic tuner compatibility with Z110/120/X920 units once they are upgraded with the Z130/X930 software do out this summer. The response from Pioneer is now that they do not officially support the traffic tuner with the previous units but they are not saying it wont work. Just that they don't officially support it on the previous units. So, what that means is that we will see for our selves when the new tuner and software upgrades are released. To me, this is better news.