AVIC411.com

Quick Demo Video of Aha (Updated)

I played with the aha app on my iphone and you can get the audio through BT audio so I am not sure what "integration" adds if you would rather look at a phone close up rather than look over to the HU. This may mean that non-iphone users can do aha over BT audio if their phone has BT audio and syncs with their HU.

Maybe the Pioneer guys can "integrate" a free GPS nav app like Waze (or some another) to give us a decent nav interface. Waze updates it maps for free and as a matter of fact uses your driving to update its map database in near real time.

Pioneer should just give up already on the software concept. They seem to have bungled just about everything they lay their "design talents" to, so why not just do this: supply a hardware box to Google.

Insert Android.

Finish job.

My T-Mobile MyTouch 4G does a better job finding my house than my x920 does, by at least 2 miles.

It allows for BBC radio.

It has my phone contacts.

Forget software, Pioneer, cause you stink at it.

Turn it over to someone who gets it done - presenting, 'The Android Car Entertainment System', by Pioneer.

Doh

"Let's see...I'll just tweet here on my iPhone to reply to a tweet on screen..."

@FRIENDS Crashing into tree now b/c read Twitter while driving. Look for me on local news 2night...OMG. Owwww...

Actually, it READS it to you using TTS, right? Okay...maybe this is better than people looking at their cell phones while driving...Aha may have a point.

Not sure if it will 'integrate' with nav on the new system or not, but I played with Aha traffic on my phone on the way home last night and you are correct, it's just someone reading traffic information, as if they were reading directly off a state Department of Transportation website. It lists ongoing construction projects, lane closures, and gives occasional warnings of congestion - but this was in rush hour traffic in downtown Seattle, so it was not surprising to hear that the roads I drive daily had areas of congestion this time of day. It might be handy to use for a minute at a time, but I will be extremely disappointed if this is expected to be an alternative to the ND-TMC10 traffic tuner for Z110 and Z120 owners. It in no way compares to a true nav traffic option.

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...