AVIC411.com

Quick Demo Video of Aha (Updated)

Best viewed in HD.

Note: It's not my camera losing focus, they used a blur transition in the video.

Aha website is HERE...

YouTube video is

A bit nervous about people listening to their Facebook and Twitter updates while driving.

I notice Pioneer is their FIRST industry partner. I hope you're not in for another MSN Direct fiasco two years from now. Aha better survive and prosper!

Find out about an Aha app for ANDROID, Jason. Not everyone has iPhones, darn it...not sure if one needs the app to use Aha on the AVICs, though. Looks like no, but?

I totally agree. This is another flashy gimmick that they added in there to sell units instead of fixing other things like the navi software.

Crap....I'm back to my original fury, then.

It's inexcusable that existing Z120BT and X920BT users will lose any and all traffic capability on 1 Feb 2011 unless they have an iPhone, Aha service/app, and (maybe?) some sort of dock?

WTF? They need to add HD traffic to the HD tuner, add XM NavTraffic back to the XM tuner, or sell an add-on FM or ClearChannel traffic accessory for X920, Z120, and even new X930 users!

My buddy isn't going to buy an iPhone and a contract just to get Aha traffic on his existing X920BT.

And by the way, does anyone know if the Aha traffic even INTEGRATES with the navigation the way the current MSN does -- and the old XM NavTraffic did on the D3? From what I'm reading in the press releases and the Aha website, it just READS TRAFFIC INFORMATION ALOUD to you while driving. There's nothing to indicate Pioneer is integrating any Aha traffic info into the navigation itself....

This is looking less good by the minute...

And by the way, does anyone know if the Aha traffic even INTEGRATES with the navigation the way the current MSN does -- and the old XM NavTraffic did on the D3? From what I'm reading in the press releases and the Aha website, it just READS TRAFFIC INFORMATION ALOUD to you while driving. There's nothing to indicate Pioneer is integrating any Aha traffic info into the navigation itself....

This is looking less good by the minute...

Not sure if it will 'integrate' with nav on the new system or not, but I played with Aha traffic on my phone on the way home last night and you are correct, it's just someone reading traffic information, as if they were reading directly off a state Department of Transportation website. It lists ongoing construction projects, lane closures, and gives occasional warnings of congestion - but this was in rush hour traffic in downtown Seattle, so it was not surprising to hear that the roads I drive daily had areas of congestion this time of day. It might be handy to use for a minute at a time, but I will be extremely disappointed if this is expected to be an alternative to the ND-TMC10 traffic tuner for Z110 and Z120 owners. It in no way compares to a true nav traffic option.

Ok everybody let's calm down for a minute and go back and read the info. It is said that the traffic tuner is included with th Z130 and optional with the X930. The add on tuner is the ND-TMC something or other which likely has the same connection and control that the optional MSN tuner has. I am waiting on clarification on this to be sure so let's not panic yet.