AVIC411.com

Pioneer announces Z130BT, still doesn't understand consumer needs.

Thanks for the reply and read. It's really kind of sad but I think I'm going to give the kenwood a go (not 100% yet though). I guess my next question then is (sorry not trying to hijack the thread) but I've read by far MORE awful reviews about the GM VT-GMOS-04 and have read that the scosche swc1 is a much better alternative (though I can't find many true comparisons). In a TB specifically can anyone give me any quick tips/advice regarding those two (I'm still deciding between the Z130 and the 9960 - so paired with either).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha, you're right and my apologies. I'm still getting the 120/130 mixed up. And had been looking at the 9960/9980 today. I think i'm just undecided yet so far and really need to look deeper into the differences between the 120/130. I don't think i've quite gotten those two down and I think that a good bit of the bad reviews on the 120 that I've read might not apply to the 130 (nav excluded?).

I may be behind on it(actually I know I am).... But is there any hardware changes from the 120 to the 130?

I can see that the bezel on the 130 is somewhat more attractive....

But I suppose my main question is.... is it just more of a software upgrade?

Other then the built in HD Radio Tuner, it appears to be the same.

Other then the built in HD Radio Tuner, it appears to be the same.

WOW.. out of all the cool things they could possibly build in the z130bt, they pick the one add on I have and hate... IMO they should've built in the new msn direct replacement and let us 110/120 user's get the add on.

Ok folks new info on the traffic tuner compatibility with Z110/120/X920 units once they are upgraded with the Z130/X930 software do out this summer. The response from Pioneer is now that they do not officially support the traffic tuner with the previous units but they are not saying it wont work. Just that they don't officially support it on the previous units. So, what that means is that we will see for our selves when the new tuner and software upgrades are released. To me, this is better news.

Ok folks new info on the traffic tuner compatibility with Z110/120/X920 units once they are upgraded with the Z130/X930 software do out this summer. The response from Pioneer is now that they do not officially support the traffic tuner with the previous units but they are not saying it wont work. Just that they don't officially support it on the previous units. So, what that means is that we will see for our selves when the new tuner and software upgrades are released. To me, this is better news.

is the rumor regarding the loss of VR still true, aka after updating you lose the ability to speak commands?

• 4 months later...