AVIC411.com

Post CES Feedback/Requests Here

Confirmed: No traffic tuner upgrade for older units. There is new hardware in the Z130 and X930 that allows for the tuner. This comes from the AVIC engineers.

This is incorrect. I am one of the Pioneer engineers and I can tell you the traffic works through an external add on which is compatible with model year 11 software. The traffic connector is a 6 pin harness that connects to the 6 pin plug to the left of the main power supply. After you update the unit and purchase the traffic receiver you will be able to receive traffic on model year 10 units. I have personally tested this on the Avic Z 120bt.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is this clown with this statement?

X, is that you?.... HEEEEEEEYYYYYYY,

how the hell have you been bro, i hired two new installers with engineering degrees, one of them you went to school with, Rob, he seems to be pretty good, so now i got them and miller compeating with each other, to see who is the better installer/engineer

he works as an engineer for pioneer, and does testing on there systems, and was one of my installers while he was going through school.

jason, you may want to dounle check with your engineer again, because he has it working in his personal car right now

Just to add more confirmation that the new TMC traffic unit IS compatible with our devices, here is the word straight from Pioneer's Facebook guys. Now I don't know if they are engineers but they are certainly qualified to say what their products will and will not due. Based on this and the pioneer engineers who are using this right now I think it is a sure bet this will be backwards compatible. I am very pleased that Pioneer took care to ensure this.

web.jpg?ver=12944236930001

Just to add more confirmation that the new TMC traffic unit IS compatible with our devices, here is the word straight from Pioneer's Facebook guys. Now I don't know if they are engineers but they are certainly qualified to say what their products will and will not due. Based on this and the pioneer engineers who are using this right now I think it is a sure bet this will be backwards compatible. I am very pleased that Pioneer took care to ensure this.

web.jpg?ver=12944236930001

Ha...you got it in writing! Hold them to this, baby!

Alright, looks like I'm going to have to get this double checked. Standby.

BTW, Jason you are doing a great job of covering this! I'm actually kind of envious that I didnt get to go out there this year. Thanks for keeping us in the loop like you are doing. It is greatly appreciated.

is that you?.... HEEEEEEEYYYYYYY,

how the hell have you been bro, i hired two new installers with engineering degrees, one of them you went to school with, Rob, he seems to be pretty good, so now i got them and miller compeating with each other, to see who is the better installer/engineer

he works as an engineer for pioneer, and does testing on there systems, and was one of my installers while he was going through school.

well it sound like we got ourselves another case of pioneer not being the same page with themselves again, maybe the guys at CES just dont want this info out yet, i meant its is kinda hard to sell new units to people that could just upgrade the unit that they have.

long story short, pioneer better be sure to have a fix for the older units, other wise they are just going to keep pushing away new AND old customers until their in dead last place. kenwoods picking up steam with there systems, alpine has redesigned there userinterface (the only thing that has ever been holding them back) sony is now using tom tom for nav. its a tough market right now, and f%ing over old loyal customers is just plain bad buisness.

The new TMC traffic option will in fact work on 110/120/920 units once you purchase the 130/930 map upgrade that will be released this summer. Yay!!!

The units still need a complete Nav revision, but I'm quite happy to finally hear this!

Since I haven't updated my Z110 to the Z120 software yet, would it be possible to update directly to the Z130, or do you have to first update to Z120 and then to Z130?