AVIC411.com

Post CES Feedback/Requests Here

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is incorrect. I am one of the Pioneer engineers and I can tell you the traffic works through an external add on which is compatible with model year 11 software. The traffic connector is a 6 pin harness that connects to the 6 pin plug to the left of the main power supply. After you update the unit and purchase the traffic receiver you will be able to receive traffic on model year 10 units. I have personally tested this on the Avic Z 120bt.

Is this also true for x920bt or will it only work on the z120bt?

I've read allot of post in this thread.... Which is mostly nothing but "can I get an upgrade for free mista" posts....

I have no problem selling my previous unit(110 w/ 120 update).... nor do I have a problem spending money on a new unit....

What I don't get.... Is that there is absolutely no reason to upgrade....

IMO... Pioneer has a great foundation.... But the bugs in their latest implementations are the major issue...

I like features...But in all honesty... I'd rather Pioneer focus on tweaking these features for us consumers...

Like I mentioned in another post... Recent factory units are pretty much leaving aftermarket in the dust...

Well...to not be such a "Negative Nancy".... I really do like this HU... <--they all have their misses....

BUT what gives with their music navigation logic?

When within the "cube".. I can select weather to sort by artist...albums.... or song titles...

When say I have Linkin Park playing....If I touch the artist part of the cube(top)... I get sent to the very beginning of my music collection's artists???

When say I have Linkin Park playing....If I touch the album part of the cube(middle)... I get sent to the beginning of my music collection's albums???

When say I have Linkin Park playing....If I touch the song part of the cube(bottom)... I get sent to the beginning of my music collection's songs???

It would make perfect sense to me that if I touch the artist... it would bring me to the currently playing...(ie. Linkin Park)....and list all others alphabetically....

It would make sense to me that if I touch the album... it would bring me to the currently playing album...(ie. Hybrid Theory)... and list all albums by Linkin Park....

It would make sense to me that if I touch the song... it would bring me to the currently playing song..(ie. Pushing me Away), and continue to list the rest of the songs in that album by that artist....

I'd love to rely on VC... But that's proven to not be 100%... It does very well with NAV commands.... not so much on the music side of things...

Can we get a user agreement screen on every screen?

I don't mind hitting the OK button... Actually I hate it(would be great if it was a one time thing or after each time you reset the unit)....

You have to do it with almost every NAV system... weather factory or aftermarket....

But having to be solely on the Nav screen just to get the agreement, seems like poor logic to me... especially considering that VR is dead until you jump to that screen and hit the OK...

Why not just make it boot up procedure...regardless what mode/screen you're in?

Why not just make it boot up procedure...regardless what mode/screen you're in?

That is exactly the way it should be. Make that the first damn screen you see before you can do anything else. Regardless of what screen you left off on. Maybe forum member Pioneer-Avic can see to this.

And I also like nearly everything about this unit on the AV side. It truly has the best AV interface of all the units I have owned. But the navi is nearly trash. That should have been the focus for the next unit. Not some stupid app that reads your Facebook feeds to you. It is clear the designers of these units either never use them or have never touched the previous units at all because there is so much missing in features from that of the previous units or compared to any other unit for that matter.

i think that there should be a bypass feature so you have the choice to get rid of the warning screen.

agreed that the audio side is amazing but they should just do what everybody else does and let one of the nav companies make the nav side like kenwood and the new sony's do

hello pioneer, are you listening, no one has partnered up with magellin yet, hint hint, not too mention that their (Mag.)AAA linked systems would be a nice feature to have on the road.