AVIC411.com

New AVIC App Mode

I have the "downloads" iPhone app and it works with the 920bt. I have the iPhone 4 with the latest OS, which is apparently the reason the TV out does not work with the app, so I get audio for the movies but no video. If anyone has an older iPhone with a pre-4 OS you may be able to get video to work. If an update for the app comes that fixes the problem with 4.2 TV out compatibility it will be great. I was able to download songs to a music folder I created in the app, and then play the songs in a folder and skip back and forth on my 920 from song to song. Being able to do this with movies would be even better.

There has never been support for TV OUT with any non Apple app until the Netflix app was approved a few months ago. As far I know the Netflix app is the only non Apple app that supports this feature. However if you have a jailbroken phone you can get any video app to work with TV OUT.

• 1 month later...

There has never been support for TV OUT with any non Apple app until the Netflix app was approved a few months ago. As far I know the Netflix app is the only non Apple app that supports this feature. However if you have a jailbroken phone you can get any video app to work with TV OUT

Not entirely true. Apple added developer support for "external out" with 3.2 for iPad, and in the 4.x series (I forget which point release) for iPhone. However, the developer has to explicitly code their application to work with a "second display", which can be a pain.

Apple still refuses to implement simple mirroring (where you see on your external display what you see on your iPhone).

What would be interesting to find out is whether Pioneer is opening the touch interaction API they must have developed for Pandora. If so, that'd make interactive iPhone app development a very interesting possibility.

Yea the Motion X GPS app now supports TV OUT as well so there are other apps beginning to add in this feature. You likely will not see any further development on Pandora Sync however sense its no longer needed. Kenwood is now supporting Pandora alone of any additional app.