AVIC411.com

Regarding the Traffic Tuner

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks new info on the traffic tuner compatibility with Z110/120/X920 units once they are upgraded with the Z130/X930 software do out this summer. The response from Pioneer is now that they do not officially support the traffic tuner with the previous units but they are not saying it wont work. Just that they don't officially support it on the previous units. So, what that means is that we will see for our selves when the new tuner and software upgrades are released. To me, this is better news.

• 2 months later...

Any updates on this subject. I recently saw the spec for ND-TMC10 in the Z130BT and was a little annoyed being that they made us buy XM service, bailed on that, then MSN closed shop and announce nothing to replace it. What you say is good news but would love to hear some more reassuring news!

I think selling software updates is more profitable then sinking gobs of money in RND and manufacturing.

Ok folks new info on the traffic tuner compatibility with Z110/120/X920 units once they are upgraded with the Z130/X930 software do out this summer. The response from Pioneer is now that they do not officially support the traffic tuner with the previous units but they are not saying it wont work. Just that they don't officially support it on the previous units. So, what that means is that we will see for our selves when the new tuner and software upgrades are released. To me, this is better news.

I E-Mailed Pioneer today. i was pretty surprised how quickly they responded.

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

As of right now the ND-TMC10 will not work with the AVIC-Z110BT, or the Z120BT. Unfortunately those models do not have the hardware to support the traffic service.

Thank You,

Kevin

Customer Service Representative

Subject: Feature and Specification|B00002|6127600000[#1351013]

I currently have a AVIC-Z110BT upgraded (so basically a Z120BT). with the ending of MSN direct service next year i wanted to know if the ND-TMC10 would be made available to AVIC-Z110BT as a replacement for traffic info?

Thanks!

Could be just BS

• 2 weeks later...