AVIC411.com

Nav accuracy on the display - X920BT question

Hi Guys-

I've had my X920BT back to Pioneer 2 times for repair. The first time they said a "controller" was replaced and the second time the "board" was replaced. Even with these repairs I'm still fighting display accuracy problems. I can be driving down the road and pass a street physically, look down at the display and it shows me just approaching the street. This is driving me nuts! I've had several OEM nav systems and have never had this problem.

Today, while driving I clicked on the 3D Calibration Status to see what my learning status is. The display shows over 400 miles since the unit was reinstalled and reset. The distance bars are about half way lit, the left and right turn bars are 1 bar shy of being all lit up, the 3D bars are less than half lit. While driving I noticed the acceleration indicator lit only a bar or two while pulling off and then a bar or two in the rear while decelarating. Should this work like this? Should the bars go up while going forward and then only light in the rear when the vehicle is switched to reverse and moving backward?

Not sure why the distance and 3D bars are not lighting up like they should. I would think after 400 miles of driving that would have been enough. I want to send the unit back but I'm tired of getting the runaround!

Any help/ comments is greatly appreciated.

ADE

Hi-

1) the antenna is mounted on the roof of the vehicle. the single indicator always reads a strong signal. the antenna was the very first thing that was replaced.

2) yes the vss is hooked up and the speed pules are reading a pretty high number

3) yes is does say 3d hybrid. the bar indicator graph shows maybe 5 bars lit up and these are less than the distance bars shown at the very top

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

1) Where is your antenna mounted?

2) Do you have speed pulse connected?

3) On the screen that shows the milage driven does the very last tab at the bottom say 3d Hybrid?

This has been a long standing issue sense the 110. This has been reported on here many times with many users including myself. It is always several car spaces back and this is just one of the many issues that should have been addressed with the 120/920 and with the new software yet to be released. Although it just looks bad it really doesn't affect the turn accuracy sense the unit displays an overhead view at turns that is 100% spot on.

This has been my complaint to Pioneer and the reason for sending it back both times. I cant believe they would just throw parts at it and send it back to me as being "repaired". I've spoken with techs at Pioneer and no one from Pioneer has told me its "operating as designed" the way its currently operating. I brought my question here when I first installed it and no one mentioned they had the same problem.

This is new software upgrade you speak of, when is this to be released. What is it going to cover? This type of display should not be acceptable for such a high dollar unit. and yes it looks really bad! I dont think the unit should have to jump several spaces forward when making a turn. it should just pivot left or right at the intersection.

VBLUE42 thanks for your earlier response.

ADE

This has been a long standing issue sense the 110. This has been reported on here many times with many users including myself. It is always several car spaces back and this is just one of the many issues that should have been addressed with the 120/920 and with the new software yet to be released. Although it just looks bad it really doesn't affect the turn accuracy sense the unit displays an overhead view at turns that is 100% spot on.

The new software apparently does not address any issues we have had over the last two years with this line of units. The upgrades have been focused on the AV screens but the navi has remained the same. The navi in these units will get you there but it is the worst I have seen in all the units I have owned sense 2006. And I have owned all high end units from both Pioneer and Kenwood in that time.

Thanks. I was also thinking about disconnecting the reverse signal. I'll try the vss first. I thought the vss was to make it more accurate.

i would try disconecting the VSS just to rule out that the VSS signal might be causing a conflict with the calculations

it is supposed to be for better accuracy, however with the varing different signals different manufactures use, it could be possible for the signal to be confusing the AVIC.

i really wouldnt worry about the reverse signal because when you not in reverse, there is nothing for the system to pick up on, so it would be just like having it unhooked

Thanks again for the information. I hope to have the vss unhooked this weekend. This will be like my 1 millionth time removing this unit!

it is supposed to be for better accuracy, however with the varing different signals different manufactures use, it could be possible for the signal to be confusing the AVIC.

i really wouldnt worry about the reverse signal because when you not in reverse, there is nothing for the system to pick up on, so it would be just like having it unhooked

1loudls.....

Thanks for the tip. I tired this and the nav seems really jumppy and has a lot more location/ display errors. One thing I did not do was reset the learning status - it still reads "3d hybrid". I'm a little reluctant to start all over from scratch and not have it work.

Thanks again,

Tony

I bought BT920 about 2 months ago and it was installed by professional, I am having same problem with my GPS, NOT ACCURATE at all,it is behind about 200-300ft, I have Garmin in my other car and there is no comparison, "God Bless Garmin", this is joke man, I paid over $700.00 for BT920 and $120.00 for Garmin, If you guys have any idea how to calibrate this unit please post it, is anybody knows how often BT920 is getting updated signal from satellite for coordination, I think it's not updating as fast as it needs to.

Thanks

1loudls.....

Thanks for the tip. I tired this and the nav seems really jumppy and has a lot more location/ display errors. One thing I did not do was reset the learning status - it still reads "3d hybrid". I'm a little reluctant to start all over from scratch and not have it work.

Thanks again,

Tony

i would think that not resetting it would even confuse it more, since it would be expecting to see a signal, no signal at all would make it think that it is parked and it would be constantly arguing with its self.