AVIC411.com

AVIC-X930BT - no more voice commands?

That means no one that wants to keep that feature on their 920 should upgrade to the 930. Ultimately however, people wont be aware of that and will upgrade and be furious and there wont be a way to go back.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. They must be planning on keeping the 920 separate and releasing updates for the 920 and 930 individually. no way they are going to force people to give up that feature.

Wow way to go Pioneer and give up one of the only features that the AVICs had over Sony/Kenwoods.

Granted, the Z still has voice commands but now you could say the X is actually behind Kenwood because even their low-end navs have voice tagging capability for bluetooth.

Wait a minute....does this mean no more VOICE DIALING OF PHONE CALLS???

That can't be right....it would make no sense whatsoever to take a huge step backwards in both capability and safety while driving.

Tell me I'm misinterpreting this part. I simply CANNOT believe people won't be able to dial phone contacts by voice in the new units. This would be the most idiotic decision possible....

Pioneer dropped the ball on the 930. It was nice to see the return of the volume knob and a removable section of the face, but VR is gone and once again you have to shift to the Z to get solid preamp. To boot, why Pioneer can't move forward and do like Kenwood and release a mini tuner for XM (for those of us who would like to use XM in three cars and not pay three times what XM is worth) and/or make it possible to properly label HD radio stations is a mystery.