AVIC411.com

AVIC-X930BT - no more voice commands?

I just wanted to know where he got his information from. I know he's an admin here on avic411 but beyond that I don't know what qualifies him to make a statement that makes the presumption that the 920 can be programed with the 930 programing. He didn't directly say that could be done. He could have just been saying if the two could be combined you wouldn't loose your VR....

I still would like to know. The pioneer website has nothing to say about it.

I guess I'll PM him on how to do it then? I'd love to be the Guinea pig for it. I haven't heard or read of anyone else doing it, have any of you guys?

Really? you mean you didn't hear about the paid update to the F series to give them X910 series software? or the paid upgrade to give the Z110 the Z120 revision software?

I have almost no doubt whatsoever that it will be a paid upgrade, there's no "give it to me free to test"

Still doesn't make sense though... What's the incentive to buy a X-930 if we can buy X-920 and upgrade the firmware to the X-930 and keep voice commands?

As I pointed out prior - a volume knob and removable face section. After all, not many thieves realize/understand that the 920 is password protected...

Still doesn't make sense though... What's the incentive to buy a X-930 if we can buy X-920 and upgrade the firmware to the X-930 and keep voice commands?

Is it possible the specifications sheet is just wrong?

Eventually you wont have the option to buy a 920. If you currently have a 920 it wouldnt make sense to buy a 930 but for everyone else they wont have that option.

an no, the specs sheet isnt wrong. it has been confirmed from a variety of sources.

• 4 weeks later...

I still don't think this information is accurate, and that the 930 may still have VR. If you look closely at the pics, the volume knob has labels for both VR and mute. One could imagine that VR is a quick press and mute is a long press, just like on the F90BT.

Considering I was AT CES and got to play with the new units, I can guarantee you that the 930 does NOT have VR.

However, the X920 with a X930 software upgrade will keep VR.

post-21272-0-64198700-1298588507_thumb.jpg

I still don't think this information is accurate, and that the 930 may still have VR. If you look closely at the pics, the volume knob has labels for both VR and mute. One could imagine that VR is a quick press and mute is a long press, just like on the F90BT.

Its actually not a VR label. not sure what it is though. Perhaps the universal "Power" icon.