AVIC411.com

rear view camera options

yea, dont worry about it, some times i tend to skip around and miss all the critical info, it happens bro.

so i am underway with this install finally . . . ground is easy, as is finding switched 12v. The mystery is the rear-view wire. I was hoping to use the one in the passenger side harness (grn/blk), but that didn't seem to go well - aka, when I went into reverse, nothing happened. also, the brown input kinda took over the x920, and that's ALL I could look at on the screen.

Obviously, something has gone wrong.

Given these clues, would you bet on a bad camera or a bad connection. Secondly, there is a confusing selection in the camera screen for "polarity".

Any thoughts on which is the correct setting there?

thanks

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the polarity setting depends on whether the wire that you tapped into for the reverse, positive trigger means that the wire switches to 12v+ when in reverse, negative means that the wire switches to ground while in reverse.

the polarity setting depends on whether the wire that you tapped into for the reverse, positive trigger means that the wire switches to 12v+ when in reverse, negative means that the wire switches to ground while in reverse.

As this may be beyond my electrical knowledge, do you know which of the two methods switches to what exactly. Method one being the grn/blk wires in the cluster beneath the passenger compartment, and method two being a connection to the reverse light at the back of the car. I do know that if you have the wrong one selected in the menu, and you connect to the opposite, the Pioneer locks you out of anything BUT the rear camera

As this may be beyond my electrical knowledge, do you know which of the two methods switches to what exactly. Method one being the grn/blk wires in the cluster beneath the passenger compartment, and method two being a connection to the reverse light at the back of the car. I do know that if you have the wrong one selected in the menu, and you connect to the opposite, the Pioneer locks you out of anything BUT the rear camera

you need to use a meter to test the wires before you hook anything up to them, the results from testing will confirm the correct wire and tell you the correct polarity.

you need to use a meter to test the wires before you hook anything up to them, the results from testing will confirm the correct wire and tell you the correct polarity.

thanks, i ran down to my local pros, who had a light tester for such a task, and we found the correct cable - all is peachy