AVIC411.com

X920 and PAC module

As I was looking at alternatives to prevent ma radio from always rebooting when starting (the car shuts down the Acc output while cranking) I found something interesting with my PAC C2R-FRD1 module.

Re-looking at the wiring instructions and specs, I noticed that the red wire out of the PAC being used to power the unit is only rated 1 Amp. That seems low to power a X920 ?

I have a Mustang and I know the amps for the subs are driven by a seperate power source but I'm still driving the rest of the speakers from the head unit.

Should I modify the wiring and install a relay to a another source and use the red as the trigger (as indicated at the bottom of the PAC instructions)?

What do yo think ?

Dean

c2r-frd1_instructions_051908.pdf

As I was looking at alternatives to prevent ma radio from always rebooting when starting (the car shuts down the Acc output while cranking) I found something interesting with my PAC C2R-FRD1 module.

Re-looking at the wiring instructions and specs, I noticed that the red wire out of the PAC being used to power the unit is only rated 1 Amp. That seems low to power a X920 ?

I have a Mustang and I know the amps for the subs are driven by a seperate power source but I'm still driving the rest of the speakers from the head unit.

Should I modify the wiring and install a relay to a another source and use the red as the trigger (as indicated at the bottom of the PAC instructions)?

What do yo think ?

Dean

As far as the 1 amp, It's fine. The AVIC only uses the red/ACC as a trigger to turn on, it draws power from the yellow/constant line.

If you really want it to stay on during cranking, then yes, you would need a relay.

As far as the 1 amp, It's fine. The AVIC only uses the red/ACC as a trigger to turn on, it draws power from the yellow/constant line.

If you really want it to stay on during cranking, then yes, you would need a relay.

Thanks, that make sense and it explains why it's only rated 1 amps.

PS. for those that had issues with he reboot using a PAC module, it's not power related. look at my post on page 3 of this thread.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/29331-new-radio-keeps-resetingrestarting-when-bass-is-turned-up/page__st__30

Dean