AVIC411.com

I'm an idiot (with an N1)

Well without the cds, once the avic is disconnected from the power source it asks for the cds so even if you had the brain it still wouldnt work...Im not going to call you stupid, i know what its like to be scammed/go for a deal that is "too good to be true". Odds are though the person who stole it was a retard and was not aware there was a hideaway unit, so they stole the indash+wiring OR someone managed to steal a bestbuy display one somehow, again neglecting the hideaway...id bet 99% its stolen

Well without the cds, once the avic is disconnected from the power source it asks for the cds so even if you had the brain it still wouldnt work...Im not going to call you stupid, i know what its like to be scammed/go for a deal that is "too good to be true". Odds are though the person who stole it was a retard and was not aware there was a hideaway unit, so they stole the indash+wiring OR someone managed to steal a bestbuy display one somehow, again neglecting the hideaway...id bet 99% its stolen

Do i need both the DVDs or will just the east one work?

$200 for a $1500 unit because no brain? I honestly dont think you had pure intentions. For that kind of price you had to know it wasnt legit. A brain is only $100-$200 on eBay.

I thought about it afterward, and you're probably right, but the N1 is getting a bit older, and if you search enough on ebay you can find the odd one that will go for less... I don't think it's unreasonable. You can get an entire system with everything, lightly used, for like 700 canadian.

any luck on connecting it to a 12v power source to see if the flip away screen will fold in? It's worth a shot before looking to purchase the brain. I do wish you the best of luck.

Is it supposed to do that without the brain? I've hooked it up to like every 12v power source imaginable, but then I read that it wouldn't even power on without the brain... please advise!

Thanks,

YK

I'm pretty sure it'll open and close without the brain. I'll check tomorrow at work with our display unit for sure.

If anyone has a definite answer on this, lemme know, I wanna test mine out properly... like to be honest, when I hooked power up to the headunit, I had no idea what to do.

No bluetooth on anything except for the Z1.

And dude.... c'mon. You say over and over that you felt bad, and you felt nervous. That's like a woman saying "I know he beat his other girlfriend, but he won't beat me *gulp* I think."

In the future to save yourself guilt, running around, and possible legal trouble (hey, the police could have been hiding in the bushes waiting for you to finish the transaction so they could bust that guy... you've got to think about that kind of stuff. boom, you end up on the news)...

...to save your hide? Trust your instincts.

this so sounds like the unit that was stolen from my car i live in toronto and i still have my hide away unit with serial number can you please get back to me on this i will pay you for info

Axela@rogers.com

bro please get back to me

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showt ... hp?t=15466

Hey everyone. I stumpled across here a long time ago when I started to get really interested in these units. I also found a friend on here who happens to own another set of forums which i frequent really regularly.

So, I finally decided to purchase an N1 on ebay, for a decent price. The terms were cash and local pickup in Toronto, or paypal. I don't live far from toronto so i went for the local pickup.

I called the seller and he reassured me that it was a complete unit, not stolen, belonged to him for a couple months but was missing the DVDs, because he lost them/they were stolen or something. Guaranteed me that it was functional, and that it was not stolen.

I tried to ask for it in writing, but he was hesitant, which made me a bit nervous, but i figured, most everyday people probably won't sign just any old document, so as not to be liable for soemthing that may not be his fault.

The more I think about this story, the stupider I feel...

So I took a couple of my bigger friends, we piled into my car and drove to Toronto to meet this dude.

He showed up with only a headunit, the wiring and trim panel. I asked him what happened to the rest of the unit, and he said that the brain was stolen with the DVDs out of the box. I reminded him that his auction said it was complete, so he agreed to drop the price, and promised me that it wasn't stolen, that he bought it at best buy (indeed there was a bb sticker on it... so what..). He promised me that if it was not functional, i could return it to him for a full refund. I was pretty skeptical, but for the price, it was a pretty good deal at this point.

I should have said no, but I said yes. I'm kinda worried now about 2 things:

1- This might be a stolen unit. I was going on good faith when I accepted his promise that it wasn't.

2- This unit might be non-functional, and without a brain I can't test it!

3- All of the above.

After i left, I immediately regretted the decision I made. What made it worse is that the unit's screen was up and out at the time of purchase (actually it still is). Most of the time, if you are uninstalling one of these, you'd put the screen in, right? Or is it supposed to retract automatically? This is what worries me.

I emailed the guy and claimed that I tested it and it didn't work, and I asked for a refund. He said "No. I sold it to you as-is", and no further comment as of yet. Just as I expected. So it's either stolen or damaged, possibly both.

I'm going to test it out when my brain arrives next week, but I'm seriously bummed about this situation.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

slyk