AVIC411.com

How do I get back to this iPod screen?

When you first select an album while in iPod mode, a screen comes up displaying ALL the songs on said album.

Once you pick a tune to start playing, I can't for the life of me find out how to get back to that screen again, save for the unbelievably cumbersome going back through the whole process again, aka "alphabetical/artist/album title/select album", which seems like poor interface navigation.

Is that the only way back to this screen (seen in picture), or am I missing a simple button press I couldn't find in the manual?

post-44279-0-45013100-1296406865_thumb.jpg

Actually rgarjr is right, I was mistaken. If you hit the back button (the one at the bottom center with the left facing arrow) it will return to the songs page. Once you power off the unit however, everything resets.

there's no button "on-screen" that gets me back there. Do you mean the physical plastic button to the left of the screen? Once you LEAVE the page in the picture, there's no way I've found back (with a single button or icon press)

What do you mean by "leave the page"?

So, you have the page up that I pictured, then you select one of the songs from the list. After that point, I can't find a way to just "get back" to that song list without going thru the whole navigation menu system. That seems like an oversight in interface structure

Post a pic of what your screen looks like after you select the song.

After you select a song it goes to the standard ipod music page, ie artist/song/album with album art off to the right and the scrolling list of songs above and below the album art icon. the back arrow at the bottom doesn't take me back to the album song listing.

post-44279-0-75925500-1296458061_thumb.jpg

You know you can press the name of the album/song/artist right?

Jason are you sure? I believe the last time I tried that it didn't take me back to the artist or album playing. It took me to the all artist or all album list. I will need to check again to be sure.

The back button takes me back to the previous album on my unit.

post a picture of which back button you mean if you can, and what the screen looks like when you get there.

Is it the same screen that I posted initially?

What version of software are you running - 2.03?