AVIC411.com

How do I get back to this iPod screen?

Jason are you sure? I believe the last time I tried that it didn't take me back to the artist or album playing. It took me to the all artist or all album list. I will need to check again to be sure.

that's what mine does - it takes me to ALL songs, ALL albums, or ALL artists, filed alphabetically from 'A'

yes, but from any of those you still can't get back to the list of songs per album.

and, I couldn't make any entries on this forum from an iPad. Any ideas why - is this a Flash based system?

Ahh, I guess I missed that part. Yeah, clicking on the album/song will take you to all albums/songs.

Not sure why it's not working for you. It's not flash and it works fine on my iPad and iPhone.

Yes.

hehe - maybe when I updated the iPad to dreaded 4.2 it's caused a new problem - I can't get a text cursor in the reply boxes, and hence, no virtual keyboard appears.

As far as the left arrow key and the album song list, so we all agree now that once you pick a song and start playing it, you're pretty much screwed to get back to that particular album's song list WITHOUT dancing through a few menus, correct? I just tried again in my car, and that screen only appears when you first pick the album from the album list.

If I pick a song, it starts to play, and I hit the "album" icon on the screen, I get taken back to ALL albums, NOT the one the song is playing from. And that's a little stupid.

Hit the arrow button not the ALBUM button. But yes, agreed if you hit the ARTIST, ALBUM, PLAYLIST buttons.

thanks, it doesn't matter if i hit the arrow, album, artist or song button - once the song has started playing there is no way back to the album's songlist screen without starting over

• 3 weeks later...

ok, thanks for the visual - i'll restart it once again and see if that clears things up

I have the same problem with mine and the same frustration. I usually leave the album song list screen up so the back button doesn't disappear. If I choose the song and it changes to the "now playing" screen, there is no back button. Push any of the ARTIST/ALBUM/SONG buttons and it goes back to the very beginning.

My unit also can't get the artist alphabet straight. When it loads the artists, "A Perfect Circle" is first, but the alphabet pops up with "P" at the top of the list. If I push on "S" all the s artists show up and it works, but "A" says not found (I have about 12 artists that start with "A"

It's too bad Pioneer got so close to making this unit bad ass and great interface, then came up short on basic navigation.

I have the same problem with mine and the same frustration. I usually leave the album song list screen up so the back button doesn't disappear. If I choose the song and it changes to the "now playing" screen, there is no back button. Push any of the ARTIST/ALBUM/SONG buttons and it goes back to the very beginning.

My unit also can't get the artist alphabet straight. When it loads the artists, "A Perfect Circle" is first, but the alphabet pops up with "P" at the top of the list. If I push on "S" all the s artists show up and it works, but "A" says not found (I have about 12 artists that start with "A"

It's too bad Pioneer got so close to making this unit bad ass and great interface, then came up short on basic navigation.

What's worse is they just dropped doing any updates to keep making it better. I always thought that was the whole advantage to a software-based interface - updates.

Try this - wait until the screen confirms that your iPod library has been created before selecting ANY music. Then, go to 'artists', pick one, pick an album, pick a song, and THEN press the 'album art' on the right. When I did this, it seemed that the arrow appeared and I could go BACK to the song list. Maybe it has something to do with the library being created before ANY button presses.