AVIC411.com

Hi, I'm new here and have searched and read a bunch of threads about the subject of a dead Z2 but none of them seemed to be the same as my situation. I'm hoping someone on here can help figure out what is going on with my unit.

First it has been dead for a while but I've been so busy I'm just now getting around to trying to figure out what is going on with it.

It started out that I had trouble with it freezing up. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that it is in my diesel Excursion. When I first get in the truck I turn the key to the on position which would start the avic booting up. I have to wait until the glow plug light goes out before I can start the truck which was before the avic was completely booted up. When I engage the starter it cuts power to the avic half way through the "boot up" sequence. It's a lot like pulling the plug on your computer half way through booting up then pluging it back in and turning it on again. I don't know if this was an issue or not. After it froze up eventually it would just start working by it's self.

The second problem is it would start skipping through the prerecorded music without finishing playing the song.

Then the unit started sticking on the "start up" screen and I would have to push the reset button to get it going. Now the unit doesn't power up at all. Now when I turn on the key I can hear a faint humming in the unit but nothing else happens. If I push the reset button the humming goes away until I let the button go. Then it goes back to hummming.

I checked that the unit is getting power on both the "battery" wire and the "acc" wire.

I purchased the unit new and it didn't get very much use at all since this truck sits alot. It worked great up to the time it started having issues.

One more thing, the unit has been bypassed with the 2-wire method.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on with my avic?

If it has to be sent for repairs where do I send it?

Hi, I'm new here and have searched and read a bunch of threads about the subject of a dead Z2 but none of them seemed to be the same as my situation. I'm hoping someone on here can help figure out what is going on with my unit.

First it has been dead for a while but I've been so busy I'm just now getting around to trying to figure out what is going on with it.

It started out that I had trouble with it freezing up. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that it is in my diesel Excursion. When I first get in the truck I turn the key to the on position which would start the avic booting up. I have to wait until the glow plug light goes out before I can start the truck which was before the avic was completely booted up. When I engage the starter it cuts power to the avic half way through the "boot up" sequence. It's a lot like pulling the plug on your computer half way through booting up then pluging it back in and turning it on again. I don't know if this was an issue or not. After it froze up eventually it would just start working by it's self.

The second problem is it would start skipping through the prerecorded music without finishing playing the song.

Then the unit started sticking on the "start up" screen and I would have to push the reset button to get it going. Now the unit doesn't power up at all. Now when I turn on the key I can hear a faint humming in the unit but nothing else happens. If I push the reset button the humming goes away until I let the button go. Then it goes back to hummming.

I checked that the unit is getting power on both the "battery" wire and the "acc" wire.

I purchased the unit new and it didn't get very much use at all since this truck sits alot. It worked great up to the time it started having issues.

One more thing, the unit has been bypassed with the 2-wire method.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on with my avic?

If it has to be sent for repairs where do I send it?

Based on your description above, it sounds like you may have fried an internal fuse or link. If you are getting good power to both battery and acc leads, and you have a good ground, and it does not start this could be the problem. If it was the hard drive, I would expect you to get a 'cannot use hdd' error.

Will it still boot occationly, or is is completely dead now? If completely dead, try calling Pioneer Support for repair. Repair cost $200 and includes return shipping (unless they have increased their rates).

For General Service & Support

call 1-800-421-1404

• 2 weeks later...

Based on your description above, it sounds like you may have fried an internal fuse or link. If you are getting good power to both battery and acc leads, and you have a good ground, and it does not start this could be the problem. If it was the hard drive, I would expect you to get a 'cannot use hdd' error.

Will it still boot occationly, or is is completely dead now? If completely dead, try calling Pioneer Support for repair. Repair cost $200 and includes return shipping (unless they have increased their rates).

For General Service & Support

call 1-800-421-1404

Thank you Garrett.

I wound up calling Pioneer support and they said send it in. It is still $200. I hope they tell me what happened so I can share it with everyone. They just got the unit yesturday and I don't have a clue on turn around time but I will post updates as they come.

Thank you Garrett.

I wound up calling Pioneer support and they said send it in. It is still $200. I hope they tell me what happened so I can share it with everyone. They just got the unit yesturday and I don't have a clue on turn around time but I will post updates as they come.

My experience is about 3 weeks until you get it back in your hands. Please let us all know the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

My experience is about 3 weeks until you get it back in your hands. Please let us all know the issue.

Well it's finally back. I haven't had much time to check it all out but MY Z2 fired up and played everything I tried to play perfectly.

The repair sheet that Pioneer provided reads as follows:

Replace cwn1584 LCD indicator ass.

Replace csx1093 Sensor Assy

Replace cac9625 Button (probably the reset button. I hit that a lot)

Update new firmware

I'm not sure what the lcd indicator ass is but they did something with my screen because the screen protector I had on it was gone. They may have changed the screen I don't know.

Who knows what a sensor assembly is, this thing has a lot of sensors.

Now I have to get a new screen protector but at least I have the stereo back and running. I think it has been close to a year since it last played some tunes.

BTW, what is the cheapest way to get my maps updated???

Well it's finally back. I haven't had much time to check it all out but MY Z2 fired up and played everything I tried to play perfectly.

The repair sheet that Pioneer provided reads as follows:

Replace cwn1584 LCD indicator ass.

Replace csx1093 Sensor Assy

Replace cac9625 Button (probably the reset button. I hit that a lot)

Update new firmware

I'm not sure what the lcd indicator ass is but they did something with my screen because the screen protector I had on it was gone. They may have changed the screen I don't know.

Who knows what a sensor assembly is, this thing has a lot of sensors.

Now I have to get a new screen protector but at least I have the stereo back and running. I think it has been close to a year since it last played some tunes.

BTW, what is the cheapest way to get my maps updated???

csx1093 is the touch screen that sits on top of the LCD.

cwn1584 is an assembly that is behind the LCD Monitor.

cac9625 is hard to tell, but appears to be the volume button.

The cheapest way to update your maps is to download and install them yourself. See the Hacks forum. The 2nd cheapest is to send it to me. See my sig below.