AVIC411.com

Previous instal on VW GTI moving to FJ Cruiser

Hello everyone,

Well as the title says. Moving a D3 install from a VW GTI to an FJ Cruiser. Looking at the wiring I have some questions before I start diving in. Of note I also had a sirius unit and a couple swi controller for the GTI (Sirius is comming over controllers are no longer needed and I have already removed them from the harness)

First things first.

5406188676_416068d8be_m.jpg

Bypass was previously done with the mute wire grounded and I can't remember what the green wire is???? (had it installed by a shop, I am ok with stereo wiring but wasn't ready to take on this project from scratch on a VW)

Ok first question. They had the ACC wire running off to some place behind the dash that I couldn't find and I a assume that it was a switched power supply. I just cut the connection and taped it off. In the FJ I am hoping that I can just connect it to the red wire in the harness. It looked like this was attempted by the installer then cut off. Should it not work just fine to have it wired up to the factory adapter?

5406188996_d16e97e320.jpg

In the next picture here you can see where the acc wire was originally connected. It also goes on to connect to the shrink wrapped what I assume is a circuit board. Anyone care to elaborate as to what that is?

5406191332_c0be14bfc1.jpg

Here is where I get really confused. That switcboard or what ever it is had 4 wires running into it the yellow and black routing back to the harness they are paired at the factory adaptor harness (2 yellows and 2 blacks comming out of the factory harness adaptor) and the purple w/ black stripe and the pink wire. Out going from the board are the orange / white wire and the red acc wire which is not connected to anything. Getting more confusing.

5406191614_d97e771e5e.jpg

Here is where the power supply to the Sirius unit goes. Interesting thing is that the yellow wire is connected to the red wire going into the sirius unit? Is there any significance to this. Should it be changed to the yellow or just left as it is?

5405586535_d9171d81b0.jpg

5406193068_9e65d60284.jpg

The more I look at this and the more I have to explain it the more that I feel like I am likely over my head still with this and should just pay someone to do it for me. Any suggestions would be great my skills to really range beyond matching wire to wire so this may be out of my league.

Long time lurker first time I needed to post!