AVIC411.com

X920BT with Axxess Interfaces

Has anyone successfully installed an X920BT in an 03-06 Chevy/GMC using a Metra GMOS-01 or a ASWC?

I did my own install and have a couple of problems:

1. The GMOS-01 module won't produce all of the vehicle chimes. I've got a seatbelt warning chime, a warning chime when the ignition is off and the keys are left in, and sometimes I've got a warning chime when the headlights are left on and the ignition is turned off. I don't have any chimes that are produced when a message comes across the DIC, such as low fuel light, door adjar, etc.

2. The ASWC auto programmed and works fine most of the time. But very once in a while when the truck is started it's like it doesn't load up. As long as the truck is running the steering wheel controls won't work. If the truck is turned off and then back on they always start to work again.

I've been talking with Metra's tech support and they gave a few suggestions, none of which worked. I then sent the GMOS-01 back for a replacement. It works exactly the same as the first unit I had. I'm waiting to hear back from Metra's tech support, they are suppose to be discussing it with their engineers, but they don't seem to have any more ideas.

I'd like to know if anyone has gotten these interfaces to work correctly, or if anyone has any suggestions what I should try next to fix these problems.

Thanks

these interfac modules are rubbish, some work right most of the time, some have small issues all of the time, and some never work at all, then there are the few that actually work right and dont have any problems, these will eventually fail sooner or later.

if you are having problem with the metra models, you could try the scosche line, however they are usually even more unreliable then the metra ones.

• 2 weeks later...