AVIC411.com

Z130BT and SYNC

Hi there, I tried to find info about SYNC, it seems that the SYNC part of my Ford F250 2011, OEM radio is something seperate from the Ford Radio, and that it might work with other Radio's. Does someone know how all this works, and if the replacement Radio ( Z130BT ) needs any special connections.

The SYNC bluetooth and steering control, as for the voice reconition, it works 90% of the time.whitch seems to be very good.

What will happen with my steering controls for tel, source, vol, ect...

how will my cell phone work.

Thanks.

You need a device like this:

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-MS-FRD1-Replacement-Interface-Retention/dp/B003E3QRU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297292293&sr=8-1

I don't know if it will work with your specific model, but PAC audio makes this, and it's similar to the OS-4 needed to retain OnStar and the chimes in a GM vehicle.

Here is the PAC Audio site information:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=919&CategoryID=26

Of course, Amazon has it a LOT cheaper... I bought my OS-4 from Amazon, and it was the newest generation of the product. This works well with Z120BT that I have, gives me steering wheel controls of my 08 Tahoe Hybrid, as well as full control of OnStar and wireless headphones.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

My vehicle had Sync.

I pretty much scrapped it. Used the factory Audio Input, and Usb by splicing them to the cable going to the head unit.

I also made use of the built in mic in the mirror by splicing into that near the Sync module.

With all the features of the Z120BT, I couldn't find any reason to retain any of the Sync functions.

On the steering wheel controls, Vol UP/DN, and Seek UP/DN work as planned.

I set my Media button as the Voice button to the new unit.

The other buttons appear dead, as they tie directly into Sync.

Since the buttons are simply one wire control, made by use of resistors to determine which button is which, I'm sure I can figure a way to get them all to work, with a little re-fanagling of the switch itself, but not high on my priority list, maybe a rainy day project to try.

• 1 month later...