HDD unlocking FREE

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Redcard

Redcard
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

Thanks it turned out I had unzip the file too far. Down to the 3 files and it wouldn't let me burn it as an image.

#62 kbrawlz

kbrawlz
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

i still feel like nobody answered the other guy on first page that asked what he would use this for. i have a z1. why would i want to do this procedure? thank you

#63 garrettoomey

garrettoomey

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 2043 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

i still feel like nobody answered the other guy on first page that asked what he would use this for. i have a z1. why would i want to do this procedure? thank you

You would unlock your drive if you wanted to connect it to a PC in order to hack the drive or install an upgrade not supported by Pioneer.

#64 Drive_AVICHD3

Drive_AVICHD3
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Ok, I'm about to do this. Am I able to update/change maps software with something else, because the only issue with the HD3 is that the maps are out of date and Pioneer don't have any more updates for this unit.

#65 w4audi

w4audi
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:11 AM

Hi I hope some one can help me I but a 80 gig drive from eBay to up date my z2 to z3 since I could not find the files. When I install the new drive I got a message saying " can not use HDD. Can any one tell me what going on.did I get a bad drive or a drive with no software on it. Or am I doing something wrong. This is what I did I took the old drive out and install the new one is there a step I am missing.

#66 garrettoomey

garrettoomey

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 2043 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:03 PM

You are not missing any steps.  Contact the ebay seller and request a replacement as it's defective or they installed software incorrectly on the drive.

#67 Shifter

Shifter
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

So I think I have the japanese version (HRZ08) and while the test disk works...(it boots up) the menu system is all in Japanese (much like the entire unit not surprisingly), and the TRK buttons don't work to navigate the menu. Any ideas?

#68 Shifter

Shifter
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

So I think I have the japanese version (HRZ08) and while the test disk works...(it boots up) the menu system is all in Japanese (much like the entire unit not surprisingly), and the TRK buttons don't work to navigate the menu. Any ideas?

Nevermind - figured it out. Can't use the headunit buttons - have to use the remote.

#69 hasheem

hasheem
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:26 AM

Pioneer AVIC HRZ 09

So far:

System Test Disc boots. 

Burned using Magic ISO Maker: Mode 1 & Finalize CD option selected.

As Shifter said, its all in Japanese and you must use the REMOTE! however the remote is in japanese and this instruction is difficult to follow:

6. Scroll down to option 9 "HDD FLG Set" with the 'PLIST DOWN' button - p. 214 manual and press 'MENU'

button to enter setting mode

7. At the "press POS to change flag" prompt, press the "MAP" button

8. Now the AVIC unlocks the hard disk

#70 Shifter

Shifter
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

What would be nice though, is figuring out some way to convert it to English. I'm thinking maybe reflash the HDD with the English version (Z-series)?

#71 jwq

jwq

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

THink you'd be better off with the european HD series in stead of the Z series, probably closer to the japanese version. That's not saying either one will work mind....

#72 brax

brax
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Locationchas sc

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:09 PM

question,. if you do not pre unlock a new/used non oem hard drive and insert it into the avic, will the unlock method still work? or is the drive toast after? 

meaning you would need to unlock the spare drive before? then clone , then add maps? i have a few older locked drives now, i tried disk ti disk clone... etc

thanks 

#73 Ezekiel

Ezekiel
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:05 PM

Could I put my music on the hd by this method ? Thanks.

#74 F0NIX

F0NIX
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

This is an old thread, but my Pioneer AVIC HD3BT is also old and has starting to acting weird and I suspect the harddrive needs to be replaced or fixed.

Can this unlocking method be used for swapping the harddrive with a new one? (Of course after I cloned the old disk into the new disk..)

Can I even put in larger disk? 

What about using a SSD disk?

The fault in my unit is that sometimes when I start playing a song, after a few second it would skip the song to the next. It can continue doing this for a few song from that album. If I play songs from an album I have put on later it works fine. I also had one time when the unit stopped playing anything from the harddrive. But after a few hours just listening to the radio, then the harddrive started to work again and it was back to normal. But from time to time it can still skip songs. Then I just have to stop using it for a period and it fixes itself somehow...

#75 jose100

jose100
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:06 AM

Question.

Is it also possible to use this method for a pioneer harddisk attacht to a laptop with dvd player? Mine DVD player from the AVIC-HD3 is broken.

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users