AVIC411.com

F900BT FULL EW BACKUP !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

followed everything you said, on eu f700bt.

on extraction got the following messages

! C:\Robert\Downloads\avic f900_700_500 ver_3.000303.rar: The required volume is absent

! C:\Robert\Downloads\avic f900_700_500 ver_3.000302.rar: CRC failed in My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\MAP\Italy.fbl. The file is corrupt

ignored that...

deleted everything in my flash (kept saying wasnt possible to make new my flash

ignored that...

got to upload then it was a red screen saying "wrong s/w" or something similar.

so, i'll try again - any ideas (want to go on hols next week but 8 hrs in the car w/o radio will lead to divorce):)

so now got problem with update screen.

red background

says:

apl:3.000300 => 3.020200

data: 2.000100 => -.--------

map: 02.000200 => -.--------

ceimage: 6.1.7.0 => 6.2.2.8

file checking....

0%

[incorrect software is in SD/USB]

Question: do I need to wait longer or am i in trouble?

Where did you get the US files?

Thanks

Nick

@ws6nightcat: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us where you got the US files? I've tried a full format and reinstall with 2.06, 2.08 and 3.0 all with no success. My unit still starts up and hangs at the splash screen. I need to have the full factory file setup so I can get it back working. Then I can update the firmware again.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

This is my first post but it's going to be VERY IMPORTANT for those, like me, that had a bricked F900BT. My AVIC, after a couple of months working very well, stopped working: Starting up and a few seconds shutting down permanently...

I've spent hours reading here at AVIC411 and in other sites, getting more and more confused. I've got an backup image here ( without maps ) and my device worked and rebooted every 3 minutes...

The following procedure was partially got from an italian forum ( pioneernavgate.blogfree.net )but again, besides the italian language ( even with the aid of a online tranlator ), it was a little bit messy. The way i got my AVIC working was a lot more simple :

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED:

- Testmode v 2.3 ( you can find it here at AVIC411 )

- a first 2Gb SD card ( formmated in FAT 32 )

- a second 2 Gb SD Card ( formmated in FAT 32 )

- Download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3YBUDX0P and after downloading it rename it to "avic f900_700_500 ver_3.000300.rar"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CAK7C9HA and after downloading it rename it to "avic f900_700_500 ver_3.000301.rar"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RAGYEFBX and after downloading it rename it to "avic f900_700_500 ver_3.000302.rar"

( IMPORTANT: disregard what the downloaded files say: part1, 2...just do what i've written above )

- Extract the 3 to a single folder.

- This folder will say " My Flash Disk". Copy this folder to the first SD Card.

- Copy "testmode" folder into the first SD card as well.

- Insert SD Card to the F900BT SD Slot and then turn the car key on. The "testmode" will allow you to access Windows CE of your device. With this you can start exploring it.

- At Windows you should go to "Start" - > "Settings" - > "Control Panel" -> " Storage Settings ". Here you' ll see the disk structure of your device. You should Dismount "DSK1" and then click on "NEW" and name it "My Flash Disk". With this procedure, your previous " My Flash Disk" is clean ( I've done this because before that i couldn't erase all the files in it ).

- Copy all files inside first SD Card's folder "My Flash Disk" to your device "My Flash Disk". This will take a while ( 15 or more minutes ) so, probably, your car engine should be running.

- After all files are successfully copied, remove SD Card from your device SD slot and shut your car engine.

At this moment, your device still doesn't work.

- Download Pioneer's new firmware for this model here hXXp://213.244.172.244/files/support/avic_apl_upgrade/AVIC-F700900/09%20model/AVIC_F700BT_F900BT_CNSD100FM_VER_3020200.zip and extract it to your second SD Card.

- With the car key turned off, insert this second SD to your device SD Slot.

- Turn the key on ( this will take 10 or more minutes ), probably starting the engine and keep it running.

- The device will be updated automatically. DON'T TURN THE CAR KEY !!! Let the Update proceed itself to the end. This will look sometimes that is stalled but let it run. The F900BT will reboot itself and, after a minute or so, IT'S READY !!!!

:!:

THIS WORKED WITH MINE :D ! I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MIGHT OCCUR IN YOURS ! :|

ENJOY!

hi all UK user

I had a nightmare with my unit after having it for over a year, one evening after driving home and starting my van next day my unit wont start fully , keeps rebooting over and over i spent an entire night reading and one whole day trouble shooting till i stumbled on and tried the instructions and downloads that vitormvieira, posted on 07 February 2011 - 08:43 PM, and the firmware i downloaded from pioneer uk website : http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/software/AVIC-F900BT/index.html#download_1

File name : AVIC_F700BT_F900BT_CNSD100FM_VER_3020200.zip and hooray its up and running as fast lewis Hamilton , Maps perfect, new look and everything is looking all new

Thanks to vitormvieira

big thanks

• 1 month later...

I just tried this method and I get stuck here:

- At Windows you should go to "Start" - > "Settings" - > "Control Panel" -> " Storage Settings ". Here you' ll see the disk structure of your device. You should Dismount "DSK1" and then click on "NEW" and name it "My Flash Disk". with This procedure, your previous " My Flash Disk" is clean ( I've done This because before that i couldn't erase all the files in it ).

I'm in the Storage (Manager) and I'm able to dismount the DSK1. If I then click on New and enter the name My Flash Disk and press enter it says it cant create the folder. Since I'm not able to create a folder it doesn't feel safe to even try and delete the currect one. Am I missing something here?

Hi All

First off thanks for everyone on this site it gives me hope that I will crack my problem sometime :rolleyes: As mentioned above I have done everything up to the disc dismount but I have the same message "unable to create partition" any thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks in advance,

Tasman

AVIC F710BT

Hi Again All

I have finally won! what I had to do ws "flash" my My Flash Disk using the WinCE files included in this thread's Flash Disc file following the instructions in the thread marked "Upgrade from v2 to v3 (EU units only) found in General on this board and then following the instructions here THANKYOU THANKYOU,

Tasman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again All

I have finally won! what I had to do ws "flash" my My Flash Disk using the WinCE files included in this thread's Flash Disc file following the instructions in the thread marked "Upgrade from v2 to v3 (EU units only) found in General on this board and then following the instructions here THANKYOU THANKYOU,

Tasman

I too have a F910BT (same as F710BT). Tasman, did you use the pioneer firmware from this thread, or the one for your model? thanks, need to get mine sorted for next weeks holiday!!

Lee

I too have a F910BT (same as F710BT). Tasman, did you use the pioneer firmware from this thread, or the one for your model? thanks, need to get mine sorted for next weeks holiday!!

Lee

I left a message yesterday but it seems to be missing, soz. Yes I did use firmware here but had to flah my disc as described in the general board like I mentioned in my post using the WinCE files included in the download here. I is also important I feel that you use a windows machine not a mac. PS you won't need to flash your disc if you can unmount it as described here bu I could not.