AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 2010 update on Windows7?

Hi all, I'm a new member here, glad i found this site!

Anyway, I have a Z2 that i want to update to the Z3 software/firmware(?) and 2010 maps, I have all the programs required, I however came to a halt. I purchased an IDE-to-USB adapter, which later on I come to find out that you can't unlock HDD's through USB, so I returned it, and I ordered an adapter like the one in the tutorial.

Now my question is: Can the update/unlock/procedure be done with Windows 7? The machine I'll be using is my Dell Dimension2400, which is slow, but always gets the job done.

Thanks in advance! :-D

Anyway, I have a Z2 that i want to update to the Z3 software/firmware(?) and 2010 maps, I have all the programs required, I however came to a halt. I purchased an IDE-to-USB adapter, which later on I come to find out that you can't unlock HDD's through USB, so I returned it, and I ordered an adapter like the one in the tutorial.

Now my question is: Can the update/unlock/procedure be done with Windows 7? The machine I'll be using is my Dell Dimension2400, which is slow, but always gets the job done.

Yes, it can be done in windows 7. You will need a DOS boot disk in order to run MHDD to disable security. the drive can be unlocked and imaged in Win7.

It is possible to unlock your HDD without a cable.

If you use the service disk I postet here http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/30763-hdd-unlocking-free/

BUT, you will not be able to turn off ATA serurity on the drive forever.

It will be locked again, when inserting in your Pioneer.

and next time you want to update your HDD, then you need to run the service disk once more, it only takes 2 min.

Yes, it can be done in windows 7. You will need a DOS boot disk in order to run MHDD to disable security. the drive can be unlocked and imaged in Win7.

Do I have to disable the security on it? I just care to unlock the drive for the upgrade and that's it. I don't mind having to unlock it each time I go to do an upgrade. Thanks for your help!

It is possible to unlock your HDD without a cable.

If you use the service disk I postet here http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/30763-hdd-unlocking-free/

BUT, you will not be able to turn off ATA serurity on the drive forever.

It will be locked again, when inserting in your Pioneer.

and next time you want to update your HDD, then you need to run the service disk once more, it only takes 2 min.

Thanks, I ran into your thread yesterday and I downloaded the torrent file. Does it have to be burned to a DVD or can i burn to a regular CD? I might just go this route.

Do I have to disable the security on it? I just care to unlock the drive for the upgrade and that's it. I don't mind having to unlock it each time I go to do an upgrade. Thanks for your help!

Thanks, I ran into your thread yesterday and I downloaded the torrent file. Does it have to be burned to a DVD or can i burn to a regular CD? I might just go this route.

Thanks to providers, you no longer have to disable the security if you create a Service Test Disc to unlock it each time. Just keep in mind that if you make a mistake on the drive and the Z can not boot, you will not be able to unlock it without buying the license. If you disable the security, you can 'play' with it all you want. BTW, I added a post under provider's post (with the download link) with updated instructions for the Avic Z1, Z2, and Z3. I successfully used a CD-R instead of a DVD-R.

Thanks to providers, you no longer have to disable the security if you create a Service Test Disc to unlock it each time. Just keep in mind that if you make a mistake on the drive and the Z can not boot, you will not be able to unlock it without buying the license. If you disable the security, you can 'play' with it all you want. BTW, I added a post under provider's post (with the download link) with updated instructions for the Avic Z1, Z2, and Z3. I successfully used a CD-R instead of a DVD-R.

Ok thank you for your time!! You and providers have been very helpful! :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...