AVIC411.com

avic d2 should I buy

Hello,

I am new to this site. I am thinking about buying a used avic d2 for 300 including the ipod wire. I know this is a 4 year old system so want to make sure i am doing the right thing. I am on a budget and looking to upgrade my stock hu with a navi unit. I was going to go with jensen vm9242 system b/c can get new shipped with ipod wire and blue tooth for about 450.

do you think I should just wait and get a better hu or I will be okay with the d2.

what need for.

easy ipod interface. have a 5th gen nano..I just want to be able to hid the ipod and have full control through the touch screen.

would be nice to eventually get iphone and use that but I see that b/c it is older may not work.

eventually hook up subs and upgrade interior speakers(bose sucks in nissans)

eventually hook up back camara and bluetooth

be able to "unlock" watch movies games navi while driving( pretty sure can do) just double checking

thanks in advance

bjjboy

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am new to this site. I am thinking about buying a used avic d2 for 300 including the ipod wire. I know this is a 4 year old system so want to make sure i am doing the right thing. I am on a budget and looking to upgrade my stock hu with a navi unit. I was going to go with jensen vm9242 system b/c can get new shipped with ipod wire and blue tooth for about 450.

do you think I should just wait and get a better hu or I will be okay with the d2.

what need for.

easy ipod interface. have a 5th gen nano..I just want to be able to hid the ipod and have full control through the touch screen.

would be nice to eventually get iphone and use that but I see that b/c it is older may not work.

eventually hook up subs and upgrade interior speakers(bose sucks in nissans)

eventually hook up back camara and bluetooth

be able to "unlock" watch movies games navi while driving( pretty sure can do) just double checking

thanks in advance

bjjboy

The D2 does not have the best interface for Ipods. They were one of the first units to have the IPOD hookup. But I would have to say that I have a D2 and love it still to this day. I have the ipod hook up and sounds good. I make a play list and play away. If you like searching for songs then it is not for you.

D2 going for 300? I would think that is kid of expensive? Not sure what the going rate is either though. D2 is at least 5-6yrs old already. I know I bought mine in 2005...