AVIC411.com

R Bluetooth modules good?

I was wondering how people felt about the Bluetooth modules for the z series avics. Are they a good option and do they work well? How many different ones are available for the z series and is one better than the other? Do they cause any problems (i.e. freezing up the unit or causing technical problems)? Finally, where is the best place to get a good deal on a Bluetooth module?

I also wanted to know if there was a way to get the steering wheel controls on a 2002 excursion to work with a z2.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering how people felt about the Bluetooth modules for the z series avics. Are they a good option and do they work well? How many different ones are available for the z series and is one better than the other? Do they cause any problems (i.e. freezing up the unit or causing technical problems)? Finally, where is the best place to get a good deal on a Bluetooth module?

I also wanted to know if there was a way to get the steering wheel controls on a 2002 excursion to work with a z2.

Thanks.

The blue tooth module for this unit works well there is only one unit and I suggest Ebay. You can buy an interface kit that you can program for the use of your sterring wheel controls but I had problems with it in my 07 F-150. I ended up using the Sir steering wheel remote which works great

Pioneer's website shows that the BT box ND-BT1 is used with the Z2. But when I look for it alot of places online show it to be discontinued part.

I have looked at eBay, and found a couple.

Will the CD-BTB200 work instead of the ND-BT1?

No it was for the earlier D3 units if I remember correctly. Try to get the ND-BT1. Yes they are becoming old school which is which I suggested Ebay.

Goldcylon, what kind of problems did you have with the steering wheel control kit on your F 150? I'm concerned I will have the same problem with my ford.

Thank you, I appreciate the input. I'll hunt down a BT-1.

You have to jam down the volume buttons which either did or would not work. They were checked out by Frod as fully working but who really knows. The Pioneer remote solved the problem