AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome 'All-in-One' V5 - Feb 12/11

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Create a new folder called APL2\iGo\ui_pioneer\800_480 and put your new BMP files in there.

Hi Chuck, you have me confused on this one! If you create a new folder outside the 'DATA.zip' file, with the bmps in it, you would still need a script forwarding the change to that location. Am I missing something?

Hi Chuck, you have me confused on this one! If you create a new folder outside the 'DATA.zip' file, with the bmps in it, you would still need a script forwarding the change to that location. Am I missing something?

No. As I dicted in the first post of my mod (please read), the files outside the DATA.zip structure with the same folder name always has preseance (read priority) over those inside the DATA.zip files. This is how I developed my mods without zipping and rezipping the new changes.

Read the first post of my mod Chuck88 :blink: and the scripts that I added in iGo\Extension folder as an example of how to copy BMP files to "replace" those within DATA.zip.

No. As I dicted in the first post of my mod (please read), the files outside the DATA.zip structure with the same folder name always has preseance (read priority) over those inside the DATA.zip files. This is how I developed my mods without zipping and rezipping the new changes.

Read the first post of my mod Chuck88 :blink: and the scripts that I added in iGo\Extension folder as an example of how to copy BMP files to "replace" those within DATA.zip.

This will then NOT change any original files, and if you no longer wanted the blue, you just delete the folder and it will be back to normal. Now, if there was only a way to do this with the 'image.res' file supoorting the main screen images, we would be all set. Hmmmmm, I will have to try this out......

This will then NOT change any original files, and if you no longer wanted the blue, you just delete the folder and it will be back to normal. Now, if there was only a way to do this with the 'image.res' file supoorting the main screen images, we would be all set. Hmmmmm, I will have to try this out......

Now you understood! You're exactly right!

As for the Images.res, I didn't try it yet as those don't get modified often.

Good to know that you're back and try something else. :grin:

Now you understood! You're exactly right!

As for the Images.res, I didn't try it yet as those don't get modified often.

Good to know that you're back and try something else. :grin:

Well, I won't be doing too much. During my relocation, the movers lost my wires for my spare Avic that I used for modding. I got some hookups, but I still need to fuse them with my power supply, which I have to figure out how to do again :(. They also lost my SD card with all my Avic files on it. That's not a biggie as I have files backed up on my PC.

so how do i add the new blue theme that was added by some one else?

Well OK, again, create a new folder called "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ui_pioneer\800_480" and put your new *.BMP files for the Blue Theme (by this someone else) in there. :o

Then reboot!

Apparently any location outside the Data.zip has precedence, so the folder with the blue images outside will dominate

Abb, to make it clearer, I was not talking about one single folder outside of the DATA.zip: you can just unzip the DATA.zip on top of APL2\iGo by retaining the folder structure, then delete the DATA.zip. Got it now? :shock:

When I mod, I open my editor and open as many UI files as I need, then directly edit them and save them on the fly, then launch or reset the AVIC Emulator. Script error? Just undo and save! I don't even need to exit the editor to see my changes, let alone zipping and rezipping and loading to SD then SD to AVIC!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

With your setup (externel AVIC), you really really wasted lot of time, and I would never mod if I have to do that. :blink:

Hey All,

First Off, Abb WELL DONE! Great Mod, Great functions. Very useful (I use Every DAY)

My only question is this.. is there like a "lower volume" or "Attn" button.. A mute but not quite mute button. I know essentially Play/Pause will provide the function of mute (for some reason just not the same :( ) but is there a button or something I am missing that will lower the audio level (not the volume knob, but a temporary lowering, then resume at previous level by simple press). As if you had to have a quick car conversation then resume but wanted low level music in the background.

hope that makes sense.. Anyone?