AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome 'All-in-One' V5 - Feb 12/11

That was it, well, sort of. I never even hit the Inti button, so scan wasn't highlighted, so I couldn't select it. Yoshi is up and running. Here is what I have. F7010 V3.0 running Abb's V5.0 mod, and I have ZERO problems!! Outstanding my friend! This thing rocks. Just saw another post for internet access using a WiFi SD card. Was looking in to that until I found out that I would have to boot up in testmode each time I wanted to use it. WHAAAAT, and not be able to use Abb's Mod. That thought died FAST!! Thanks for the mod and the fast help with my 'learning issue'!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've noticed one thing since I've upgraded to Abb's V5, whenever I start my car my iPod is not recognized. I have to disconnect and reconnect it for it to be recognized. Anyone else seen this issue?

I have a 160gb ipod permanently attached to my Avic and it is ALWAYS recognized! I had a similar problem last year with my iphone which was fixed when I reflashed the firmware of the iphone. However, NO MOD will have an impact on the recognition of the ipod. That is through an entire different set of instructions, I would 1) Check your cables, maybe they need to be replaced. 2) Try restoring your ipod/iphone firmware. This worked for me, well, it was over a year ago, and now I have an ipod attached, but I have attached the iphone back the odd time and I had no connection problems

I figured as much but thought I'd ask. Thanks for the response. I've read also that others are having the issue since upgrading to v3.x of the Pioneer firmware and have stated that the firmware is not always sending the wake signal to the ipod. I'll try restoring the ipod and see if that works. Thanks again!!

Abb, can you shed some light on how to locate the "Distance Scale" that change automatically when you zooming in or out of the map (route planning screen)?

That is something that I have never really thought about. I would imagine tht it would be in the 'COMMON/UI' folder. I dont understand why you would want to alter the 'distance scale' as there is nothing wrong with it and it works fine.

I can find the SPRITE of the scale.

Thanks!

If you found the 'sprite', then you should have the script of the 'Distance scale'. Just alter it to your liking.

I always type "can" for "can't" because they sound the same :mrgreen: . Sorry!

I find it very convenient and want to have it embedded in my own mod. I ask the question to Alex but without answer, that is why I refer myself to you. I think that I am going to ask him again.

If you find it, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hey Abb,

Great work on your newest mod!

I was just wondering if your schemes/gfx would work on Daftia's mod or is it only compatible with your mod?

I wanted to try a different mod for a change and Daftia has done quite the job but I am really missing your beautiful schemes!

No, I dont believe that it is compatible with Diaftias mod, although, I havent tried it.

Hey Abb,

Great work on your newest mod!

I was just wondering if your schemes/gfx would work on Daftia's mod or is it only compatible with your mod?

I wanted to try a different mod for a change and Daftia has done quite the job but I am really missing your beautiful schemes!

No, I dont believe that it is compatible with Diaftias mod, although, I havent tried it.

All you have to do is to leave Abb's GFX folder intact, then extract a folder called "ui_igo8" from Abb's DATA.zip and save it under "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo", then you are good to go! :rolleyes:

All you have to do is to leave Abb's GFX folder intact, then extract a folder called "ui_igo8" from Abb's DATA.zip and save it under "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo", then you are good to go! :rolleyes:

I have never tried that, but I dont think that would work as it is in a seperate location from the original. What you would have to do is incorporate the 'ui_igo8' folder into Diaftias 'Data.zip', then all should be good!

I have never tried that, but I dont think that would work as it is in a seperate location from the original. What you would have to do is incorporate the 'ui_igo8' folder into Diaftias 'Data.zip', then all should be good!

The location outside the DATA.zip prevails. So if you put ui_igo8 under ..\iGo\ folder, iGo will NOT look for files inside DATA.ZIP if those files are present under ui_igo8.

To accelerate debugging, I use this technique all the time, especially with the ui_pioneer folder, so you don't have to rezip the DATA.zip everytime after changing one line of code. :razz: