AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome 'All-in-One' V5 - Feb 12/11

The location outside the DATA.zip prevails. So if you put ui_igo8 under ..\iGo\ folder, iGo will NOT look for files inside DATA.ZIP if those files are present under ui_igo8.

To accelerate debugging, I use this technique all the time, especially with the ui_pioneer folder, so you don't have to rezip the DATA.zip everytime after changing one line of code. :razz:

Chuck.. i never knew this side of yours.. lol.. you are getting dangerous day by day.. let me know if you have something special and I would try it on my to check it out.. :) you rock dude.. :)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chuck.. i never knew this side of yours.. lol.. you are getting dangerous day by day.. let me know if you have something special and I would try it on my to check it out.. :) you rock dude.. :)

I don't want to hijack Abb's thread ... if you want to try, search Chuck88's Mod and you will find it.

I pay attention to details and correct functionalities, but I am not an artist like Abb is in the graphic area! :oops: But my mod is mature and truly stable!

The location outside the DATA.zip prevails. So if you put ui_igo8 under ..\iGo\ folder, iGo will NOT look for files inside DATA.ZIP if those files are present under ui_igo8.

To accelerate debugging, I use this technique all the time, especially with the ui_pioneer folder, so you don't have to rezip the DATA.zip everytime after changing one line of code. :razz:

Did you use this technique with my schemes? My .ini of my schemes has the 'ui_igo8' location directed to the 'Data.zip', so I cant see how you can do this without getting error messages. I haven't tried your theory, but I will when I get back into town.

Love your v.5 Abb! I've been using your mod for a very long time and I love it...Thanks for your contribution.

I do have one glitch with your latest version, however. After searching here extensively, I cannot find the issue addressed, so here's my question.

How do I disable the obnoxious "ding-dong" sound which goes off at random times? I'm sure it is a redlight/speed camera warning, but there are no redlight or speed cameras in my city. I have gone into settings/warnings and turned everything OFF. I even went into igo/content/speedcam and deleted all the files within...still that pesky "ding-dong".

Should I also try deleting the "speedcam" folder? It's the only thing I can think of.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Did you use this technique with my schemes? My .ini of my schemes has the 'ui_igo8' location directed to the 'Data.zip', so I cant see how you can do this without getting error messages. I haven't tried your theory, but I will when I get back into town.

Abb, you can't really direct into your DATA.zip, you could only direct to ui_igo8, so if files in this folder outside the DATA.zip is already there, iGo will not look into your DATA.zip for those files.

I clearly outlined this fact in the first thread of my mod, intend to ease the zip/rezip pain of your modders. :mrgreen:

Hi Abb,

This is a grate mod indeed and it has pretty much everything i heard and read about on net about mods on F-series

To begin with i installed and worked ok. Until i try changing the car. I read in the post that others experienced that. I was unlucky to experience this from my first pick. I tried to pick the Porche Police car. I don't remember the real name. After i changed the car, my F900BT unit was just resetting. The post mentioning this said that he had to set it back to default, but not how. So i took the n00b approach and I tried reinstalling, in hope i can reset it back.But still the same. Then i found out that for some reason my GPS suddenly was off. Which i dont know if this was another reason for why my unit was resting. Since my last action was activating the map, it tried to start with the map after the reset. Anyway, i took the hard way and installed the original files back, then reinstalled your mod and got back on track again. I dont know if there is a bug somewhere that makes the unit reset if the GPS is unavailable. But i thought i should mention this juts in case. Regarding my GPS, after i got back to my original files, it still was Off for some reason. So i waited like 5, and drove a little, and then it came back. It was at this point i reinstall a fresh copy of the mod, and got back on track.

For me i have two questions.

1. Is there a way to use ur mod with the original map scheme and the arrow. I must say i'm not fond of the fancy zoom-all-the-way in to see a car on a road, and buildings. i liked the original scheme with the arrow. I like having the original overview of the road. I tried zooming out so i have like the same scale as before, the only problem is that the map get like scrambled on half of the screen (the road ends at the middle of the screen, and the background picture is not clear anymore. It get like bad resolution and unable to see what's there). It seems to me that the schemes are ment to be used with the zoom all the way inn so u can see the horisont and the background. Therefore i wish i could go back to the original and and the arrow. I read something about modifing the day and night under data.zip for the car , but i have a feeling there is more to it. Could you please give me a little info on how i can do that ?

2. Your whole theme to the mod is looking grate, but in many places there is too much white on the background so if there is text over, is hard read. F.ex when i play the radio, in the field of the radio station name there is a background with text "Avic411" i think. The text on the radio station name is white and therefore it is a little hard to read. Not that i want to complain, or really need to fix this, but i wonder if I can download themes and use it your mod ? Or are u planing to release some other themes to your mod? If i could have a wish , i would like to keep the old theme. Black background, easy simple icons, without to much effects. But that's just me.

I really want to stick with your mod since it has grate features. And i will gladly put "a beer" as soon as i get my paycheck by the end of the month.

... when i play the radio, in the field of the radio station name there is a background with text "Avic411" i think. The text on the radio station name is white and therefore it is a little hard to read.....

You get a radio station name to appear? How?

I install this mod today everything work fine except I cannot change the 3 d car, I do not even see them on the page but everything is copy on the flash drive

Help please

Thank you

you have to click on the buttons 'init.' and 'scan' to scan the car list, I forget which order.

I did what you told me and everything work, but one problem.

Today I try again to switch car and while the unit was restarting my kid turn off my car and open the door so the power when OFF

So my problem now is the unit is always restarting like it is in a loop

Any help Abb1

Thank

Great mod, Abb! Thanks for your contribution.

I do have one glitch with your latest version, however. After searching here extensively, I cannot find the issue addressed, so here's my question.

Still no solution...any help?

How do I disable the "ding-dong" sound which goes off at random times? I'm sure it is a redlight/speed camera warning, but there are no redlight or speed cameras in my city. I have gone into settings/warnings and turned everything OFF. I even went into igo/content/speedcam and deleted all the files within...still that pesky "ding-dong".

Should I also try deleting the "speedcam" folder? It's the only thing I can think of.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

I did what you told me and everything work, but one problem.

Today I try again to switch car and while the unit was restarting my kid turn off my car and open the door so the power when OFF

So my problem now is the unit is always restarting like it is in a loop

Any help Abb1

Thank

Insert your SD card and delete your user data as you did in the instructions when you first installed this mod. The 3D cars section is not my mod, so I cannot account for every car working. replace it with a different car and try again.