AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome 'All-in-One' V5 - Feb 12/11

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent work! no trouble installing and even after running for 2 weeks. Quicker than last mods.

Only one question:

Is there any way to make "split nav" screen a default one? I mean when system boots up, it will show "split nav" or when I press Map button, it shows Split Nav screen?

Many many thanks. Abb, you made this investment worthwhile. When this unit was new installed, it had so many reboots and was very slow almost hated it.

Any one know if there are new tele atlas maps available? I guess I got 2010/2009 ones.

Got it installed and it is impressive! Thank you Abb!

2 questions:

Is it possible to change the font?

After selecting a different vehicle icon the system repeatedly rebooted itself each time it would change to the map screen. I got the vehicle icon back to the default and it stopped. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks again!

Abb,

So I originally came to this website looking for a fix for the parking break issue. I finally got fed up with my wife not being able to load an address in while I was moving. So I started doing some research and all I can say is WOW. I have had my F7010BT for almost 2 years and had no idea how bad I was neglecting the system! I found MODS, I found updates, I found issues with fixes for them, I have been reading threads for hours! Then, I come across your pics of your V4 mod. I downloaded it right away! Then, I found out I had to get the 3.0 update first, which was another hunt, but finally found, but I'll be darned, I had to go to work and didn't have time to load/play with any of it. So this morning I load V4 and I was amazed. Your work was outstanding and I can't thank you enough for sharing! Well, I couldn't load your schemes because if size issues (yeah, it really does matter :angry: ), I got the 'computer is now accesible' screen, and I kept getting a doorbell like chime that I didn't know what it meant. So, I come here looking for answers on the V4 thread, where all of my issues are addressed and fixed (thanks everyone) except I still don't know what the ding is for (what the ding is for, haa haa haa. I crack me up) so I'm a happy camper, only to find that you were working on a V5. Well I was more excited than a squirrel on a trampoline! I just kept reading and reading and reading, looking for the one that said you were done and it was posted. Finally, I couldn't contain myself and I went to the main page and did a search for "Abbs", and there it was, in black and white. I couldn't click fast enough!!! I am downloading as I write this. The only, ONLY foul is that the site keeps saying file not valid or something like that. I just keep refreshing and they eventually show up. One more to go. Anyway, long sotry short, I wanted to take the time to say thank you, really, THANK YOU! I can learn, but I don't have the time to do anything like this. You rock! You are an inspiration, and a scholar! Your mod(s) are excellant. They bring the functionality to the device that should have been there in the first place. HA, got the last download! Too bad I have to go to bed right now (dang night shift job! Being a responsible adults stinks sometimes). I will load it, and let you know how it went. I don't see anyone posting anything about the F7010BT (did I buy the only one they had) so you can add that to the devices that this will work on. You, sir, are my hero!

Abb,

So I originally came to this website looking for a fix for the parking break issue. I finally got fed up with my wife not being able to load an address in while I was moving. So I started doing some research and all I can say is WOW. I have had my F7010BT for almost 2 years and had no idea how bad I was neglecting the system! I found MODS, I found updates, I found issues with fixes for them, I have been reading threads for hours! Then, I come across your pics of your V4 mod. I downloaded it right away! Then, I found out I had to get the 3.0 update first, which was another hunt, but finally found, but I'll be darned, I had to go to work and didn't have time to load/play with any of it. So this morning I load V4 and I was amazed. Your work was outstanding and I can't thank you enough for sharing! Well, I couldn't load your schemes because if size issues (yeah, it really does matter :angry: ), I got the 'computer is now accesible' screen, and I kept getting a doorbell like chime that I didn't know what it meant. So, I come here looking for answers on the V4 thread, where all of my issues are addressed and fixed (thanks everyone) except I still don't know what the ding is for (what the ding is for, haa haa haa. I crack me up) so I'm a happy camper, only to find that you were working on a V5. Well I was more excited than a squirrel on a trampoline! I just kept reading and reading and reading, looking for the one that said you were done and it was posted. Finally, I couldn't contain myself and I went to the main page and did a search for "Abbs", and there it was, in black and white. I couldn't click fast enough!!! I am downloading as I write this. The only, ONLY foul is that the site keeps saying file not valid or something like that. I just keep refreshing and they eventually show up. One more to go. Anyway, long sotry short, I wanted to take the time to say thank you, really, THANK YOU! I can learn, but I don't have the time to do anything like this. You rock! You are an inspiration, and a scholar! Your mod(s) are excellant. They bring the functionality to the device that should have been there in the first place. HA, got the last download! Too bad I have to go to bed right now (dang night shift job! Being a responsible adults stinks sometimes). I will load it, and let you know how it went. I don't see anyone posting anything about the F7010BT (did I buy the only one they had) so you can add that to the devices that this will work on. You, sir, are my hero!

Seanjon, thank you very much! these are the posts that keep me going and motivated, to keep posting my mods! :D

Excellent work! no trouble installing and even after running for 2 weeks. Quicker than last mods.

Only one question:

Is there any way to make "split nav" screen a default one?

No, that is not possible as the splitnav is a layer over the Nav, and therefore cannot be defaulted to be the main NAV screen.

Got it installed and it is impressive! Thank you Abb!

2 questions:

Is it possible to change the font?

After selecting a different vehicle icon the system repeatedly rebooted itself each time it would change to the map screen. I got the vehicle icon back to the default and it stopped. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks again!

Yes, you can change the font. Go and find ANY font of your choosing and rename it to 'tahoma.ttf', and then install it in your 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/iGo' folder. For the main headings, just rename a font to 'tahomaBD.ttf' and that will be the font for the headings. If that font does not cut it, download another and try again until you find one that suits you, just make sure that you rename it.

There are some vehicles that are duds, or defective. If you find one, post it and let everyone know!

Abb,

Snuck out at lunchtime tonight so I could load the Mod. Outstanding work. Really, really like it. Deleted almost all the maps (I have a 1988 350 Silverado that gets like 20 gallons to the mile, so I don't forsee me taking any trips out of state. And, if I need the maps, I have them backed up anyway). So I was actually able to save your scheme this time. I liked the idea of the 3D cars, and got a little giddy and slightly excited when I saw the Yoshi file name being copied. First, on the business side, This mod worked and operated flawlessly on the F7010BT.

The only issue I am having is:

I select through the menus to change the car, but when I do, no custom cars show up. The 'folder' where the cars should be is blank. I know that I must have done something wrong, because noone else is having this little hiccup. Any ideas what I did wrong? If you can help with this, GREAT! If not, no biggy as I am more than satisfied with the mod. Again, a million thanks!

Sean