AVIC411.com

F900BT won't boot up?

Hi everybody!

This is my first post, and to start off, I will say that I'm sure that the answer I seek is probably buried someone in these forums, but everything I found seemed to be part of my problem, but not entirely the same. After a few hours of searching I've decided to just post a topic and hope somebody can help me. :)

I've had my AVIC F900BT installed in my '07 Impala for about a year and half and I never had a problem with it until tonight. My problem is simple: I start my car (or simply turn the key on) and first, the buttons light up, and then the "splash screen" comes on. The splash screen stays on for maybe 15 seconds and then the whole unit just goes black.

Unless I am going crazy, I think I can hear some buzzing/humming coming from the unit, but like I said, the whole unit is black and no matter how long I wait, or press the reset button, it doesn't come back on after that 15 seconds of splash screen.

Any insight you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!!

I called Pioneer technical support and he told me to try holding the reset and eject buttons together for 10 seconds and if that didn't work, then my only option is to send it to Pioneer to have it serviced...needless to say, that didn't work, so I'm still waiting to see if anyone in avic411Land has any ideas for me.

I took it out and tested all of my wires and parts (it's a chevy, so I have the Metra GMOS-LAN-01 harness that after testing appears to be working properly). I have constant power and the switched power from the LAN01 is working, and I have a good ground. No apparent blown fuses either, so I am stumped.

Anyone with any theories for me? I'd rather not fork over $200 to Pioneer if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Hi everybody!

This is my first post, and to start off, I will say that I'm sure that the answer I seek is probably buried someone in these forums, but everything I found seemed to be part of my problem, but not entirely the same. After a few hours of searching I've decided to just post a topic and hope somebody can help me. :)

I've had my AVIC F900BT installed in my '07 Impala for about a year and half and I never had a problem with it until tonight. My problem is simple: I start my car (or simply turn the key on) and first, the buttons light up, and then the "splash screen" comes on. The splash screen stays on for maybe 15 seconds and then the whole unit just goes black.

Unless I am going crazy, I think I can hear some buzzing/humming coming from the unit, but like I said, the whole unit is black and no matter how long I wait, or press the reset button, it doesn't come back on after that 15 seconds of splash screen.

Any insight you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!!

Hi,

If you are West European, here is your solution: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/30773-f900bt-full-ew-backup/