AVIC411.com

Backup cameras

I am about to buy a backup camera. At this point I think I will purchase a licence plate mount such as this cmos type;

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Products/View/SKU16139

or a CCD type

My link

or possibly a bumper mount cmos type

My link

From what I have read the cmos type is not as clear as the CCD and I am not sure I need the clear pic.

I do know you need something waterproof and I was thinking if you waxed the lens it probably would last longer

before it glazes over.

I heard of one member who thought he might install a camera in the back window. Yes that would keep it out of the elements

but I am not sure if the picture would help when backing up. Interesting idea though.

What do you have? Likes/dislikes and what do you do if anything to keep it running in good order

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a DP brand camera but I have yet to hook it up.

http://www.frys.com/product/5818973?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Oh, apparently it had night vision :D

I guess I will hook it up for fun soon :P

The only thing I don't get is that it takes about a minute to start the damn head unit up. If you wanted to move the car real quick, it's almost pointless.

What vehicle do you have?

My dad had a trailer power hooked on the bumper, so I just need to drill that hole out a little bit and I can put the camera there.

You can also just have a sealed box made for it out of plexi glass or something cheap like that.

I have a samsung outdoor security camera. It has metal middle, then there is a rubber grommet for the glass. Maybe try something like that?

How much of it needs to be waterproof?

Also, does anyone know if you can watch the rear view camera while using the 3.5mm input for music?

dscn6898g.jpg