AVIC411.com

I bought my F700-BT about 2 years ago with the XM module and the upgraded firmware already installed brand new from a audio store. After all the help from everyone on this site (THANKS!) I had to have it professionally installed because of special wiring components needed for the car to the radio. The system worked great for about 6 months. I started to notice that the XM radio would say "loading" or "no signal". Eventually it went out totally after almost 1 year. After speaking with the installer and talking with XM and Pioneer, I finally had to have the XM unit pulled and sent to Pioneer for testing. Of course they could not duplicate the issue so they returned it and the installer advised me to buy another one. Ho Hum so I did. Everything seemed to work great for about 10 months - then same thing - "no signal" or "loading" all the time.

To save some money (this xm issue is almost as expensive as purchasing the actual Pioneer unit now), we pulled out the dash and followed all the wires for connections, kinks, grounds, etc. Everything looked fine. We reset the XM unit and the Pioneer unit. Nothing. I had another antenna for the XM and pulled the old one from the back of the XM module and WHOA it worked! To ensure it was the antenna, we plugged the old one back in and nothing. So I thought my problem was solve - bad antenna until it went back to the same old "no signal" or "loading" about 2 days later....4 days later it went to "no signal" and now stays there yet the XM icon is active and the channel says "On the AIR".

I am beginning to think that maybe the F700-BT unit has a problem and has from Day 1. Maybe it is the software since the unit sometimes has the CD, SDCard, USB and XM greyed out after trying the xm even though they should be active. When this happens I reset the pioneer unit and they come back. Outside the xm,

I have never had any problems with the F700-BT until recently and I absolutely love the unit!

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I travel extensively and not having the XM is driving me nuts!

I bought my F700-BT about 2 years ago with the XM module and the upgraded firmware already installed brand new from a audio store. After all the help from everyone on this site (THANKS!) I had to have it professionally installed because of special wiring components needed for the car to the radio. The system worked great for about 6 months. I started to notice that the XM radio would say "loading" or "no signal". Eventually it went out totally after almost 1 year. After speaking with the installer and talking with XM and Pioneer, I finally had to have the XM unit pulled and sent to Pioneer for testing. Of course they could not duplicate the issue so they returned it and the installer advised me to buy another one. Ho Hum so I did. Everything seemed to work great for about 10 months - then same thing - "no signal" or "loading" all the time.

To save some money (this xm issue is almost as expensive as purchasing the actual Pioneer unit now), we pulled out the dash and followed all the wires for connections, kinks, grounds, etc. Everything looked fine. We reset the XM unit and the Pioneer unit. Nothing. I had another antenna for the XM and pulled the old one from the back of the XM module and WHOA it worked! To ensure it was the antenna, we plugged the old one back in and nothing. So I thought my problem was solve - bad antenna until it went back to the same old "no signal" or "loading" about 2 days later....4 days later it went to "no signal" and now stays there yet the XM icon is active and the channel says "On the AIR".

I am beginning to think that maybe the F700-BT unit has a problem and has from Day 1. Maybe it is the software since the unit sometimes has the CD, SDCard, USB and XM greyed out after trying the xm even though they should be active. When this happens I reset the pioneer unit and they come back. Outside the xm,

I have never had any problems with the F700-BT until recently and I absolutely love the unit!

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I travel extensively and not having the XM is driving me nuts!

Where is the XM antenna mounted on your car? It really should be on the outside of the car. if it isnt already I would try doing that.

Sometimes its okay to have it inside the car on the dash but it is not optimal. but no matter what it should certainly never be under the dash.

• 3 months later...