AVIC411.com

I had my Pioneer AVIC X920BT installed by the Future Shop technician in a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali and the GPS Navigation unit is off a little. When I approach a road it thinks I've past it before I actually reach it, the when I turn on the road it will then jump to that road. When I travel on hwy's if there are any other roads near it it will jump back and forth. Is ther any way to calibrate the unit or does anyone know of a solution to this problem? I had it installed in my 2004 Chevy Avalanche before the Yukon and it worked flawlessly.

Thanks,

Mark

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

From what I've discovered, with no help from the Future Shop in Orangeville ( Beware ), it looks like the problem lies with the Axxess GMOS-100 module. I'm not sure if the update will solve the problem but I'm going to try it. It also is causing my speakers to cut out randomly front or rear never both. I will keep you posted!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IF it is really the GMOS that is causing the AVIC to be off, then it has to be an issue with the VSS signal that it is sending out. cut that wire and you should be set (i would wait until it has had many many mile to give the system plenty of time to calibrate)

I have seen many times where the GMOS causes issues with the sound jumping back and forth, this only pertains to trucks with the bose system.

I have notices that my GPS is off just a tad

ever since i did a hard reboot or restore of the system a few weeks ago

now it seems when i first start up in the morning it is shwoing me as being 2 houses down from where i am

but before it would always tell me and show me jsut where i am

also i notice that when i am at a intersection in the middle it is showing me still being at the begining if i look whyll driving

so i know im a little bit off i have driven about 500 miles

since the restore of the factory settings

would the factory settings have anyting to do with this when i restored it ?

or should i look at something els ?

• 3 weeks later...

If I can read your post correctly . . .

I have always had the same problem, even after many thousand miles.

Mine too has a lag. Not a time lag where it catches up. But a location offset.

My actual location is always a little further along than what shows on the GPS. Even if I stop, so it is not just a catching up lag problem.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

I'm reading through this forum because I'm also having the same issue. The gps was right on the money before. After they did a tuneup on my car, I updated the maps and Bluetooth firmware (everything went perfect), but I notice that the GPS location is way off. At times when driving it assumes I'm on a completely different road. It's kinda frustrating, and I regret updating the maps and BT.

If anyone got a helpful link, please send me a URL.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...