AVIC411.com

Semi-Permanent Install

I am looking to do a semi-permanent install of the S1 in my car. Does anyone have any ideas to create some sort of docking station (or where to get one) so I don't have the huge power cable hanging off the botthom?

Also, to the right of the usb port is another port. Anyone know what this is for or any plans for future accessories?

• 1 month later...

The Avic-s1 has an additional port on the bottom for a Hardwired kit you can use to create a semi-permanent install. The only problem is that it was created to work and released only in Europe. In the meantime just get creative with a Pro-fit mount and hardwire the power supply into the car. If you dont want to hack up your only car power cord go buy a generic motorola Razr car charger and use that to power your Avic-S1. They both operate on 5 volts and it will safely charge the S1.

The Avic-s1 has an additional port on the bottom for a Hardwired kit you can use to create a semi-permanent install. The only problem is that it was created to work and released only in Europe..

What is this semi-permanent kit called or part no. as I've never seen one? I would be interested to find out more as there doesn't seem to be many or any accessories for the unit unlike the Tom Tom unit that are out.

TMC Kit for the AVIC-S1

Get real-time traffic information on your AVIC-S1 portable Sat Nav system and avoid the jams.

By adding the ND-TMC1 - it's an easy, straightforward connection that you can do yourself - you'll be able to avoid the traffic hotspots throughout your journey. The kit has a Traffic Messaging Channel antenna (TMC), which receives up-to-the-minute detailed traffic information.

If the TMC picks up a problem on your journey, it will present you with an alternative route. Your AVIC-S1 will then guide you past the traffic incident.

For a one-off purchase of the ND-TMC1 (there are no monthly subscription charges), your AVIC-S1 now becomes more than a Sat Nav system that tells you how to get where you're going - but also what parts of your journey to avoid.

TMC reception is available in Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

Oh... the ND-TMC1 I'm in the UK and not available here yet and no release date that they can give me....

They did say it was available in Europe though if I wanted to source one,mmm so I have to go to another country to buy a part that is meant for the UK too! In the end I had to buy mine in Germany :shock::roll::cry:

Have not yet installed it though. I asked Pioneer if the had a permanent dock system like the Tom Tom and they said no.

The ND-TMC1 looks a messy install a nice docking station solution would have been ideal.

It plugs into the vehicle radio ISO socket for power has a separate FM aerial to pick up the TMC info and a traling plug lead that fits into the S1 at the bottom port.