AVIC411.com

Ground Noise after Avic D3 Install

Bought an AVIC-D3 off of another forum. It was prewired for his B5 A4. I have installed it into my C5 A6. Seem to have a grounding issue. I hear engine noise through the radio and have double checked the wiring as well as added a ground with no luck. Any suggestions? This installed in Symphony II Vehicle with Bose setup. Seems like the grounding issue has something to do with the RCA's. Any advise?

• 1 month later...

No replies? No one has any answers?

I have the same problem in my 1999 Toyota Landcruiser with factory amp. Tried multiple different grounding points. Probably related to the RCAs. While I haven't bought it yet, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a ground loop isolator. A 4-channel version can be had for only $8 + S/H at Monoprice dot com. Saw something similar at Fry's and I think it was $25-30. Didn't inspect further to see if it was wired into the ground line, or connected in between the RCAs lines like the Monoprice one.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem after installing a D3 in my Boxster.

The RCA's are remote from the unit, I did try running soldering a 6" cable from each of the RCA's back to the head unit but no difference. Also re-grounded from good earth points and it also made no difference whatsoever. I have used shielded RCA's and the problem is definitely the head unit or the RCA's - the amps and the speaker cable is fine.

Am at my wits end, time for a ground loop isolator!