AVIC411.com

As I was having problems finding the VSS for a 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac while installing my Z120BT, I ended up calling crutchfield.

They returned my call and said the VSS is on the 24 Pin Radio harness on Pin 14 - A Grey wire with Black stripe.

There is no wire at all on Pin 14, let alone a Grey Wire with a Black Stripe on either factory harness.

There was also no Illumination wire on the harness, The harness they sent, has the Illumination wire, but on the factory harness, it's blank. I was able to tap into the Illumination wire that goes to the heating controls, and that works fine, but still having issues finding this VSS.

Speed controlled volume, and Illumination worked on the factory unit, Could this all be controlled by a data wire in the 2010 model?

Anyone have access to wiring diagrams? The vehicle did have Sync, which I pretty much scrapped, but the wires are still there, Logically, I would think that would have a VSS somewhere I could tap into.

Thanks in advance for any info.