AVIC411.com

HDD unlocking DISCOUNT to avic411 members !!

• 1 month later...

I think the best benefit of hacking the HDD would be to upgrade to a larger one. However, after reading Ducati's thread on it, it seems like switching HDDs doesn't work yet.

Have you gotten any further along in finding a replacement HDD that will not lock up after you start driving?

I think the best benefit of hacking the HDD would be to upgrade to a larger one. However, after reading Ducati's thread on it, it seems like switching HDDs doesn't work yet.

Have you gotten any further along in finding a replacement HDD that will not lock up after you start driving?

That would be a good benefit for replacing the hard drive. Unfortunately only one person had any luck doing so. But no one (to my knowledge) has tried replacing the stock 30g automotive hard drive with a larger automotive rated drive. We all tried replacing them with standard laptop drives. Does that make a difference? I don't know because automotive drives are expensive and small and if it doesn't work I didn't want a $200 40 gig laptop drive when I'm worried about filling my 120g drive in my current laptop. So I didn't take the leap and try it. No one else has either. That is one thing we didn't try.

But then I don't store too much library music on mine and haven't even come close to filling it. So once I changed the background and boot up image, I didn't have lots of need to try anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...