AVIC411.com

Wiring/Relay question

Hello;

Just picked up an AVH-P4300DVD for my 08 Honda Ridgeline. The issue I've run into is that the P4300 has just the one remote (blue/white) wire. My system has 2 amps - that alone would pretty much max out the ~300mv that the unit puts out on the Remote lead. I'll also need to send a signal to the antenna as it's amplified (crappy reception if you don't). Now we're talking 3 devices. I think the general rule of thumb is that 3 or more devices on the remote wire and you'll need a relay.

I'd also like to do the parking brake bypass as well. So if my thinking is straight I'm now talking about adding 2 SPDT relays before I can get this thing up and running. That sound right?

Also, the +12v for the first relay, does that need to come from the battery or can I tap into the 12v from the vehicle harness?

Thanks.

I would use 2 relays (daisy chained). The first one would be to ground your parking brake (by-pass). The second one would be to provide power (remote) for your amps and amplified antenna.

You can use 12V battery from the harness since it doesn't require much current for what u want to do.

post-41711-0-35035700-1299118195_thumb.jpg

I would use 2 relays (daisy chained)...

For some reason it made sense to me but just didn't seem right so I figured I'd ask.

...You can use 12V battery from the harness since it doesn't require much current for what u want to do.

Excellent!

Thanks for the help.