AVIC411.com

Ah, the first post in the XM section.

So if you have an AVIC and the XM Receiver, you'll notice that some XM logos do not appear. I found this irritating because its a nice feature and looks cool.

This occurs on D1, N1, N2 with either DVD 1.0 or 1.2, and any XM receiver (Nav Traffic or original). The reason is, as Jason pointed out, that the AVIC reads the channel name that XM broadcasts and then matched that up in a table with a logo. However, XM recently changed the names of some channels (for example, SquiZZ xL is now xL SquiZZ). This simple change ruins the name mapping and the logo disappears. All xL channels don't work, as well as some name changes to the comedy channels. All new channels don't work.

But, there is a fix. See the D1 mods/hacks section. Should apply to all AVICs though, since the issue is on the DVD, not the hardware.

Derek
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
Wow - you just saved me a ton of work - awesome! I was just contemplating doing this to. I think my first attempt will be replace some less desirable channels with some of these. Like I could do without Franks Place or Cinemagic. I will try to replace those names with the new ones and add the logo files to the DVD.

Next step would be to actually add them to the list, but I am assuming there are some checksums or word count fields I would need to alter... gotta check.

Derek
Yep, the logos and new channels work. I haven't gotten them all lined up yet. I have to go through them and rename some of the logo files. They aren't labeled by channel number, but by the index number inside the tabledat file. Anyway, it doesn't matter, I'll fix it, but you'll have to rename some of these files.

As far as a few things I saw:
Big Tracks looks a little funny due to the gray scale.
The Message - the 'g' is cut off at the bottom.
Most others look good. Some didn't show up cause I got the index wrong. I am going to make a spreadsheet to line up the channel names, numbers, and indexes from now on.

Give me a few days though.

Derek
[quote name="JasonH"]Cool, sounds like your making good progress. You used the Bigtracks logo I posted right? It shows up grayscale? Stupid color thing...[/quote]

No, it has the color, but the grayscale gradient fill in the words themselves gets a little screwy (the transparency issue). But its really close.
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="SuperH"]All of the Clear Channel stations have now renamed -- the big ones -- KISS, Mix, Sunny, and Nashville!

I don't know if the new names are permanent, or if they are tweaking them... However, now they're missing icons!
:([/quote]

Yes, pretty soon we won't have any logos. Never fear, I fixed that already. They added cm, sp, and fr. I fixed those. However, I haven't gotten The Heat or XMLM to work yet for some inexplicable reason. Also, there are a lot more channels that need new logos, like enLighten, the NHL stations, a bunch of Talk Stations (some changed there names as well), the French stations... I have a big spreadsheet trying to fix these. Its taking more time than I thought, sorry for the delay!

Derek