AVIC411.com

What will 930 do that 920 doesnt?

Just got the 920 and after reading about the ability to upgrade the software I'm wondering what there will be to gain from updating to the 930 firmware? Not really seeing any new features... What am I missing? If anything it looks like it does less.. Yes I know I won't lose the VR by updating but please tell me a reason why I should update when it becomes available.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the 920 and after reading about the ability to upgrade the software I'm wondering what there will be to gain from updating to the 930 firmware? Not really seeing any new features... What am I missing? If anything it looks like it does less.. Yes I know I won't lose the VR by updating but please tell me a reason why I should update when it becomes available.

Wow nobody knows?

VBlue42 is alright. He's on here every day and probably gets tired of the exact same questions being asked over and over again, in new threads.

Differences with the x930BT:

As it's not out yet, the only hard evidence anyone has is from Pioneers product page and the CES show where it was shown. Any and all information about the unit is coming from one of those two sources, and has already been repeated here - several times :). I mean, look at the first page of this forum alone:

x920bt -> x930bt software update

Transferring Voice Commands to X930BT?

AVIC-X920BT now + upgrade or wait for AVIC-X930BT?

i think i got an x930bt where can i get info on it

Changes/fixes on X930

Pioneer has updated its NAV Unit Page - Z130BT & X930BT

All asking variations on the same questions that currently have the same answers, or asking questions that no one could possibly have answers to yet since the unit isn't available.

Going solely by information provided by Pioneer (i.e. not speculation or friend of a friend rumors) the following are the known differences:

It has a volume button.

It has a partially detachable face - we're not really sure exactly what that means.

No VR support.

Pioneer has announced there will be a software update that brings the software-level features (like App mode, new maps, etc) of the x930bt to the x920bt. They have also confirmed that said update will not disable VR support on x920bt units. No other information on this update has been announced, however, if we go by the way last year's worked, it will come out a month or two after the x930bt is commercially available, and cost $150+ or so. It will include the OS update and 2011 maps.

Nothing else other than what you read on Pioneers site is known. The base hardware appears the same in terms of pre-out voltage, processor, flash memory size, etc.

This is not an official Pioneer forum, it is an enthusiast forum. When actual, hard facts are released, rest assured someone will post them here within minutes. If they are not, it's because no one knows yet.

Once again lxian very well put. I finally decided a couple of months ago I was just going to ignore redundant question that already have been answered and usually by myself. It gets incredibly frustrating to see that same questions almost on a daily basis when the answers are there and people just don't want to look before posting. Unfortunately I allowed my attitude to get out of control with my responses and had to just stop responding for a while. Thanks for your input and explaining it to our newer members.

VBlue42 is alright. He's on here every day and probably gets tired of the exact same questions being asked over and over again, in new threads.

As it's not out yet, the only hard evidence anyone has is from Pioneers product page and the CES show where it was shown. Any and all information about the unit is coming from one of those two sources, and has already been repeated here - several times :). I mean, look at the first page of this forum alone:

Changes/fixes on X930

All asking variations on the same questions that currently have the same answers, or asking questions that no one could possibly have answers to yet since the unit isn't available.

Going solely by information provided by Pioneer (i.e. not speculation or friend of a friend rumors) the following are the known differences:

It has a volume button.

It has a partially detachable face - we're not really sure exactly what that means.

No VR support.

Pioneer has announced there will be a software update that brings the software-level features (like App mode, new maps, etc) of the x930bt to the x920bt. They have also confirmed that said update will not disable VR support on x920bt units. No other information on this update has been announced, however, if we go by the way last year's worked, it will come out a month or two after the x930bt is commercially available, and cost $150+ or so. It will include the OS update and 2011 maps.

Nothing else other than what you read on Pioneers site is known. The base hardware appears the same in terms of pre-out voltage, processor, flash memory size, etc.

This is not an official Pioneer forum, it is an enthusiast forum. When actual, hard facts are released, rest assured someone will post them here within minutes. If they are not, it's because no one knows yet.

As you can see from my previous post I did read the other threads. I guess I thought there was more info out there than what was already on the forum. someone could have easily said that there wasn't any more info as of now rather than being a jerk.

As you can see from my previous post I did read the other threads. I guess I thought there was more info out there than what was already on the forum. someone could have easily said that there wasn't any more info as of now rather than being a jerk.

Btw if you really are on here everyday I hope you get paid for it. If not you should find a board that's not dead.

Btw if you really are on here everyday I hope you get paid for it. If not you should find a board that's not dead.

You know, I think there's a point in there somewhere. Something does seem wrong here. Where are all the posts about people counting down the release of the new units? There's almost no hype for them. It seems that either the market for this type of product is drying up, or Pioneer has just done a horrible, horrible job with previous units that people have been scared off. I know I'll never buy another one based on my experiences with the bluetooth phone connectivity and Pioneer's attitude about it. Add the lack of hackability and all the wow just seems to be gone.

That is exactly the issue. The attitude from their support is the worst I have ever seen and I hope they do pay the price for it. I will never but another Pio mostly because of this. And the fact that I am fixing to go full iPad in my dash which will blow away any Pio unit.

Changes/fixes on X930

It has a volume button.

No VR support.

The x930bt is in stock at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVIC-X930BT-Navigation-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B004HW6F8I/

That is exactly the issue. The attitude from their support is the worst I have ever seen and I hope they do pay the price for it. I will never but another Pio mostly because of this. And the fact that I am fixing to go full iPad in my dash which will blow away any Pio unit.

So if you claim you wont buy another pioneer unit... why exactly are you here?