AVIC411.com

X930BT Video bypass tested and confirmed

i just installed the new X930BT for a customer and considering there is no post that i could find on how to bypass the video on this one, i figured i will have to be the guinea pig. Remove the yellow/black mute wire on the A/V RCA harness and move it exactly one pin on top of where the yellow/black mute wire used to be. Hope you guys find this helpful.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you moved the mute wire to the bottom row straight down from where it was?

No, you move the mute wire one space to the right. It ends up being in the outermost slot on the far right of the side (when looking at the wires.)

I should also mention that you may need to deal with a "Vehicle Speed Input" wire. I believe it is a pink wire on the x930. You can simply cut/not connect this wire, but I wanted to have the option of feeding this signal to the unit. The problem is that the unit will cut video to the head-unit once you are in motion (if this wire is connected), even if you have completed the "mute wire parking brake bypass". My solution was to install a simple $4 Radio Shack switch. This way I can interrupt the signal if the passenger wants to utilize the head-unit video/nav while in motion and I can reestablish the in-motion signal to take advantage of the speed-volume correction.

No, you move the mute wire one space to the right. It ends up being in the outermost slot on the far right of the side (when looking at the wires.)

I should also mention that you may need to deal with a "Vehicle Speed Input" wire. I believe it is a pink wire on the x930. You can simply cut/not connect this wire, but I wanted to have the option of feeding this signal to the unit. The problem is that the unit will cut video to the head-unit once you are in motion (if this wire is connected), even if you have completed the "mute wire parking brake bypass". My solution was to install a simple $4 Radio Shack switch. This way I can interrupt the signal if the passenger wants to utilize the head-unit video/nav while in motion and I can reestablish the in-motion signal to take advantage of the speed-volume correction.

When i first installed it i moved the wire one pin to the right(outer most hole in the same row the pin came in) and it didnt work. I got the brake error message and it would lock after i started moving(vss is connected). I moved it one pin down(into the row below it) from where it was originally and it works great now. But i can confirm that moving it to the right did not work for me. I had to move the pin directly down for it to work. (Also my name is Daniel and i run Sound FX car stereo in high point NC, in the triad area if anyone needs help with one).

I am a little confused on the posts as they seem to conflict a little...

is it correct that we are saying the yellow and black wire goes up one space to the row above? not to the side?

also do we need to do anything with the speed pink wire? and do we lose speed sensitive volume?

I have a z130 on its way...i assume the mod is the same on that unit also?