AVIC411.com

X930BT Video bypass tested and confirmed

So both of these Bypasses work is this only for viedo when driving or will this work also to use your navigation functions and blue tooth function whyll out of park ?

ThumperPup, do you also have your VSS wire hooked up with the bypass successfully working? I have the bypass working perfectly, but no matter what I do , I can't get "Speed Pulse" under the Connections Status menu to move off zero. 2006 Tacoma. Everything I've read says I have the right wire within the truck for the VSS. Could it be that both the bypass and "Speed Pulse" not work successfully together?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i have mine working good

i don't know about your car i only know in my car where the vss wire is located

and its at the dash cluster for the cadillac i drive

i would guess and wonder the 2 places on any car where a vss wire might be is ontop of the tranny somewhere or near or on the Cruis Control Modual somewhere

might have to go to a dealer and ask there service department where you Vehicle Speed Sensor is located and tap right into it

• 2 weeks later...

I performed the bypass this last weekend with a new headunit, version 3.000 software, bought about two weeks ago. Everything works awesome!

One question though, and this is possibly the used CANPULSE2 that I bought, but has anyone confirmed that with a working bypass installed is the "speed signal" still present when you go to Navi Settings->Connections? Mine says "0". I did not check this before the bypass so I have no idea if my CANPULSE2 is actually working or not (I bought it used). I'd like to have it working as I bought it and for dead reckoning. But, if not, oh well.

Its on a 2001 S500... totally not what I was expecting. There are two wires which are speed signal wires, a left and right front wheel signal, but I was unsure if those would provide the correct signal. So, I got that CANPULSE2, it's probably defective or the speed signal is not available on the CAN bus for that car. I'll try one of those other signals.

hmm S500 i am not sure baout 2001 i think 01 was the first year for the new body style or maybe it was 2000

i had the older 90s big body style S500 it was a 1997 the Speed Sensor wire for that came in at the Dash Cluster same as my Cadillac

you might want to check that out see if the signal is transmitted there if it is just splice into it

Bypass work for me in dvd's, sd, but no video from Iphone 4 (only sound) I'm usin the pioneer genuine cable (after testin a ebay $15 dollar cable) still the same, no video from Iphone 4 IOS 5, I tested a old itouch with ios 4.3 still the same, no video just sound. I some Iphone video have like a negative image (all black with some color).

suggestions ?

• 1 month later...

Just signed up after I noticed some confusion on whether the bypass works with the newest units. I just installed an X930BT from new post-Christmas stock (manufactured July 2011) with firmware 3.000 and performed the wiring bypass. I also have it hooked up to speed sensor and reverse indicator.

It works, and everything functions as expected.

help! i have an avic-x930bt installed in an 08 jeep liberty and did the bypass and it has worked great for months. i went away for 10 days and just got back and my car battery was dead. i live in the northeaast so it is cold but how could my battery die?? and when i jumped it, it started right up but...1) my rear camera isnt working, 2) the unit wont turn off, with or without the key in the ignition. i shut off the vehicle, got out, locked the doors and the radio was still on. what is wrong help??? the only way it goes off is if i remove the little faceplate : (

• 3 weeks later...

alright bought the 930bt on ebay real cheap it did not come with the gps antenna or the rca connector harness. ( the one with the yellow mute wire.) I installed the unit and grounded the green wire and everything works fine... video plays fine at any speed, and the buttons are not greyed out. I ordered the gps antenna off ebay, pluged it in, and now once i hit a certain speed, i lose video ,and cant alter settings. is there anyway to do the bypass without the other harness? would i be able to connect a wire to the pin on the head unit where the yellow wire would connect? and then splice that into the green park brake wire, or do I have to order the 70 dollar part thanks

• 4 months later...

so when i bought the pioneer 930 from craigslist, it didnt have the light green wire that is required for this bypass, i have tons of extra wires just sitting in my room though, can anyone please tell me where the greenwire goes or is located, what wires are next to it? please & thank youu!

• 1 month later...

Hi, fellas! I am noob to this forum since I've never had this ICE nor have had a Pioneer deck in my cars. That being said:

I will have my x930 soon and I can't wait to do what's been talked about here. I am already all over my mind on how to do a video bypass; as soon as I get my hands on the x930. I've tried and done a vid-bp using a PAC module (on my Alpine) it was not a success. Anyhoo, that's not important because we're all about Pioneer here, right?

I commend and bow to all of you brainiacs out there:D

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Happened to me as well. What I ended up doing was pulling back out the female part of the connector, putting a tiny bit of pressure on the pin (squeezing the opening up just a tiny bit), and reinserting. From this I surmised the the male pin on the back of the 930 was too small for the female portion of the connector (part in the plastic housing). Try not to get all macho squeezing the pin or you will have to replace it.

I didn't try, but it might be a good idea while having the pin out to actually test the fitting for connectivity.

THIS REALLY WORKED! (I'd been racking my brain for months trying to determine why my X930BT bypass didn't work.) If you're experiencing issues with the pop-up parking brake screen and you are confident that your wiring is correct,....simply pull the female connector of the mute wire from it's new place in the harness and place a small amount of pressure on the female connector with pliers or something making the hole just slightly smaller. Be gentle! Reinsert the female connector back into the harness. Plug (don't force) the harness back into the head unit it clicks, and viola! No parking brake screen. Best of all, I can output Netflix on the kids' monitors in the backseat while my wife and I enjoy peace and quiet or a little Smoothjazz in the front! Also, Motion Drive (99 cents) with Traffic is fantastic, and I don't have to pay $120 or some discounted introductory price for new, 1 year old maps!